Rongo University College offers certificate, degree, masters and PhD courses as listed below.
- DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- BSc. Environmental Science.
- BSc. In Agro forestry and Natural Resources.
- DEPARTMENT OF AGRONOMY AND ANIMAL SCIENCE
- Diploma in Agriculture
- BSc. In Agriculture
- BSc. In Horticulture.
- BSc. In Agricultural Extensions and Education.
- BSc. In Food Science and Nutrition.
- MSc. – Soil Science
- Ph. D – Soil Science
- DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS AND AGRIBUSINESS
- BSc. Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness.
- BSc. In Agribusiness and management.
SCHOOL OF ARTS & SOCIAL SCIENCES
- DIPLOMA IN ECONOMICS
- DIPLOMA IN CRIMINOLOGY
- DIPLOMA IN SOCIAL WORK AND COMMUNITY DEVELPOMENT
- DIPLOMA IN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- DIPLOMA IN POLITICAL SCIENCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN LITERATURE
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN LINGUISTICS
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS WITH I.T
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN ECONOMICS
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN ENGLISH
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN SOCIAL WORK AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN POLITICAL SCIENCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN PENOLOGY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN KISWAHILI
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN GEOGRAPHY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN PHILOSOPHY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN PSYCHOLOGY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN SOCIOLOGY
- MASTERS OF ARTS IN:
- EXECUTIVE MASTERS IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND POLICY
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY THE SCHOOL
- Certificate in Housekeeping and Accommodation Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Diploma in Tourism Management
- Diploma in Project Planning and Management
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Project Planning & Management
- Bachelor of Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Bachelor of Tourism Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA Executive)
- Master in Business Management
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- POST-GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Executive Masters, Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- UNDER-GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Education Arts.
- Bachelor of Education, Special Needs.
- Bachelor of Education, Early Childhood.
- Bachelor of Education, Science.
- DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- Diploma in Secondary Education, Arts.
- Diploma in Secondary Education, Sciences.
- Diploma in Early Childhood.
SCHOOL OF INFORMATION, COMMUNICATION & MEDIA STUDIES
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION, JOURNALISM AND MEDIA STUDIES
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- PhD in Communication Studies
- PhD in Communication and Public Relations
- MSc in Communication and Journalism.
- MSc in Graphics and Advertising.
- MSc in Communication and Public Relation.
- MSc in Linguistics, Media and Communication with IT
- MSc in Information Sciences.
- MSc in Informatics.
- BSc in Communication and Journalism.
- BSc in Graphics and Advertising.
- BSc in Communication and Public Relation.
- B.A in Linguistics, Media and Communication with IT
- BSc in Information Sciences.
- BSc in Informatics.
- Diploma in Media and Journalism with IT
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Certificate in Library Studies with IT
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING.
- Bachelor of Science General (Mathematics, Botany, Chemistry, Physics & Zoology)
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Statistics with Computing
Rongo University is among the best universities in Nyanza region.Students who score C+ and above prefer this university because there are many attractive courses offered here.Some of the best courses offered at Rongo University include bachelor of computer science, bachelor of applied statistics and computing,bachelor of communication and journalism,bachelor of education,special needs,bachelor of project planning and management,bachelor of arts in economics among others.
One if the students who studied statistics and computing course joined Kemri in 2015,his current salary is Ksh135,000.The graduate says:
“I was first selected to pursue a degree in applied statistics and computing,that was after I scored A- in KCSE.I almost declined the offer but one of my teachers encouraged me to go for it.After four years,I applied for internship at Kemri CDC.I was allowed to intern.After the internship,I graduated with Upper Second Class.Immediately I graduated,the NGO offered me a job.My starting salary was Ksh98,000,which was by then the highest among fresh graduates.I have worked for the organization for two years and I am happy.I encourage other Kenyans to pursue my course because it pays”.