There are several universities in Kenya offering Master’s in Economics. Admission Requirements for the program are as follows:
- Kenyatta University Masters in Economics Admission Requirements
The following shall be eligible for admission into the Masters programmes in the School of Economics:
2.2.1 A holder of at least an Upper Second Class Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Economics and Statistics or Economics and Finance from Kenyatta University or any other recognized Institution of comparable status.
2.1.2 A holder of a Lower Second Class degree in the stated disciplines from Kenyatta University or any other recognized university with two (2) years relevant experience.
- Kenya School of Monetary Studies Masters in Financial Economics Admission Requirements
Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree with at least Upper Second Class honours or its equivalent from an institution of higher learning recognised by the JKUAT Senate; or
Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree with Lower Second Class honours provided the candidate can show proven evidence of research ability and/or three (3) years relevant experience in a relevant field;
A holder of a degree in any discipline from a University recognized by JKUAT Senate with at least second class lower with a Postgraduate Diploma in Economics or Business related areas validated by JKUAT Senate
Duration – 2 years (4 semesters)
JANUARY & MAY
- Egerton University Master Of Arts In Economics Admission Requirements
i) The common regulations for the Masters degrees as specified in the Egerton University Statute shall apply;
ii) Candidates for the M.A Economics programme will be expected to have a Bachelors degree (at least Upper Second Class Honours) degree in
Economics or related discipline from Egerton University or equivalent qualifications from other recognized institutions of higher learning;
iii) Those with Lower Second Class Honours and working experience of at least three years in relevant areas will be considered.
- University of Nairobi Masters of Arts in Economic Policy Management Admission Requirements
- Holders of at least Upper Second Class HonorsFirst degree in either economics or other related disciplines from the University of Nairobi provided that applicants with backgrounds other than economics shall perform satisfactorily in a qualifying examination:
- Holders of degrees or qualifications from other universities recognized by the Senate of the University of Nairobi as being of comparable academic status
- Moi University Master of Arts in Economics
Holders of First Class or Second Class Honours Upper Division
Degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics or any other relevant Economics related undergraduate degree of Moi University or an accredited University recognized by Moi University Senate
- Maseno University Master of Arts in Economics Admission Requirements
First Class Honours or Second Class Honours Upper Division degree recognised by the University Senate or Second Class Lower Division degree with at least 2 years work experience.