Below is the list of postgraduate programmes offered at the University of Science and Technology,Zimbabwe(NUST)
DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED BIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
- Masters in Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology (18 months Full Time / 2 Years Part Time)
- Master of Philosophy in Applied Biology and Biochemistry (3-5 Years)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Biology and Biochemistry (3-8 Years)
DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED CHEMISTRY
- Master of Philosophy in Applied Chemistry
- Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Chemistry
DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED MATHEMATICS
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematical Modelling (18 months Full Time / 2 Years Part Time)
- MPhil in Applied Mathematics (3 Years)
- PhD/DPhil in Applied Mathematics
DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED PHYSICS
- MSc. in Geophysics (24 months)
- MSc. in Radiography (24 months)
- MSc. in Medical Physics (24 months)
- MSc Lasers and Applied Optics (24 months)
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Information Systems
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE & HEALTH
- Msc. in Environmental Health
DEPARTMENT OF FOREST RESOURCE S & WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT
- Master of Science in Eco-Tourism and Biodiversity Conservation (18 – 24 months)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil. / PhD.)
DEPARTMENT OF SPORTS SCIENCE & COACHING
- Master of Science in Sports Science and Coaching
- Master of Philosophy in Sports Science and Coaching
DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS & OPERATIONS RESEARCH
- Master of Philosophy in Operations Research (3 Years)
- Master of Philosophy in Statistics (3 Years)
- Master of Philosophy in Operations Research & Statistics (3 Years)
- Master of Science in Operations Research & Statistics (18 months Full Time / 2 Years Part Time)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Operations Research
- Doctor of Philosophy in Statistics
- Doctor of Philosophy in Operations Research & Statistics
FACULT OF BUILT ENVIRONMENT
- Master of Architecture
Master of Science in Banking and Financial Services.
This is a block release programme done over 18-24 months, catering for graduates from banking, finance, insurance, acconting and other related fields. An undergradate degree in any one of these disciplines is a prerequisite.
Master of Science in Marketing
On a part-time basis this programme is approximately 24 months of which 6 months shall be devoted to the dissertation.
Master of Science in Finance & Investment.
This programme is done on a part-time basis over24 months. The programme caters for students from diverse backgrounds in the field of finance e.g. Accounting, Economics, Banking, Business studies, Insurance & Commerce.
Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) Degree.
This programme is geared towards producing a dynamic and successful business leader who can operate at local, regional and international levels. The programme is multi-disciplinary, targeted at senior executives already working in industry, commerce and the public sector. The EMBA programme shall be covered over a minimum of 18 months, maximum of 36
months, on a block release basis.
GMBA (Full-time and Parallel (Evening)
Duration of the programme
On full time and parallel (evening) basis the general MBA programme may be studied over a maximum period of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months. The academic year for the General MBA shall begin in august/September of every year.
Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
This is a part-time programme done over 14 months. It is aimed at managers and administrators who are keen to do the MBA or who do not meet the post-Secondary educational requirements for the MBA.
Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management (PGDPM)
This part-time programme is a joint initiative involving the Zimbabwe institute of Public Administration (ZIPAM), the Public Service Commission (PSC), and NUST.
It is targeted at civil servants who perform supervisory and managerial functions with overall objective of broadening the skills base in the civil service.
Postgraduate Diploma in Development Studies (PGDDS)
To be considered for admission a candidate should normally:
Be at least 25 years of age.
Applicants holding any bachelors degree of this or another university AND/OR such other professional qualification as CIS, CIMA, CA, ACCA, IMM, IPM, ZIM, ABMA, IAC, HND, etc shall be considered for admission. Applicants holding these professional/diploma qualifications must show proof of having passed the final level of the qualification’s examination(s). Applicants who hold a degree must also have at least one (1) year of post qualification work experience and non-degreed candidates must have at least three (3) years post qualification work experience in the area of development.
Diploma In Development and disaster Management.
Students must have a minimum of 5 ‘O’ Levels including English Language & Mathematics. Experience in a relevant working environment is also required.
The Public service Commission (PSC), NUST Graduate School of Business, in conjuction with the Zimbabwe institute of Public Administration (ZIPAM) offers the Master in Business administration Degree in Public service Management. The programme is targeted at Middle and senior Managers in government and statutory organisaions like parastatals.
Duration of the programme
The MBA-Public Management shall be studied over a minimum period of 18 months and a maximum period of 36 months on block release basis. The minimum contact hours shall comply with the internationally accepted guidelines for an MBA programme.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements:
- Candidates must Be at least 25 years of age
- For MBA-Public Management, one should hold a Bachelor’s degree of this University or the NUST PGDM or the PGDPM which is currently being run by PSC/ZIPAM/GSB/CCE or its equivalent qualifications.
- For MBA-Public Service Management,one must have at least two year’s practical experience public sector managerial experience.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree from an approved University, or
- Hold an appropriate professional qualification gained by examination and considered equivalent to a University degree, and
- For EMBA, one should have at least five year’s practical experience gained in a managerial /supervisory capacity.
All candidates for admission to the MBA must be short-listed and interviewed before the commencement of the session.
All departments in the faculty have provision for mature entry students which vary-hence interested prospective candidates are advised to consult the relevant departments for further particulars. All undergraduate programmes in this Faculty are now fully semesterised.
All students admitted to study for undergraduate degree programmes at NUST undergo a period of twelve months full-time industrial attachment in their penultimate year as part of the academic programme of study.
All students admitted to study for undergraduate degree programmes at NUST undero a period of twelve months full-time industrial attachment in their penultimate year as part of the academic programme of study.With his or her specialised and practical qualifications, a Bachelor of Commerce graduate is a candidate for employment in the specialised field of Accountancy, Actuarial Science, Finance, banking, Insurance and Risk management.
It is the prospective student’s responsibility to secure sponsorship, if this is needed. All Zimbabwean students accepted for admission to the National University of science and Technology are eligible to apply for government sponsorship.