Research Officer Job Responsibilities
- Provision of non-partisan professional research assistance and analysis to Members, Committees and staff of Parliament.
- Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of policy options.
- Providing expert interpretation, explanation and analysis.
- Maintain a periodically updated inventory of publications on current issues, legislation and major public policy issues/questions
- Providing back up to parliamentary committees.
Requirements for the Research Officer Job
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have the following qualifications: –
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university in a specialized discipline including Economics, Agriculture; Environmental quality, Sociology, Political science, international trade/commerce and other Science related fields;
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the concepts and techniques of professional research, with particular emphasis on public policy analysis, and an ability to write, edit in a clear, concise and understandable manner; and
- Satisfactorily served as a Research Officer in a reputable research institution and have at least three (3) years continuous work experience.
How to Apply
Interested persons are required to make their applications specifying the position applied for and the vacancy number and attaching copies of academic certificates and/or testimonials and a duly completed Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1 J).
This form can be downloaded from the website of the Parliamentary Service Commission at www.parliament.go.ke or obtained at the reception of the Parliamentary Service Commission Secretariat on the Ground Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings, Parliament Road, Nairobi.
Applications should be addressed to – Clerk of the Senate/Secretary, Parliamentary Service Commission, P.O. Box 41842 – 00100, Nairobi.
or hand delivered during office hours to the Office of the Head of the Commission Secretariat, 1st Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings, or emailed as a PDF file attachment to [email protected] to be received on or before 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 31st May, 2017.
Applicants who do not complete the Parliamentary Service Commission Job
Application (Form 1J) referred to in this advertisement will NOT be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.