University of Fraser Valley Admission Requirements entails meeting minimum academic, English and citizenship requirements. If you are a foreign student, you have to sit for English exams, which are offered by TOEFL,PTE and many other examiners.
All the details you need about admission requirements to the
Admission Requirements University of Fraser Valley are as below
There are three types of requirements that you need to meet to qualify for admission at UFV: general requirements, English requirements, and program requirements. Review all three carefully to ensure timely admission.
Applicants must have completed the equivalent of Canadian Grade 12 (Form Six or five O-levels plus at least two A-levels) or near-equivalent standing and specific program prerequisites for admission into any career, technical, or academic program.
English requirements (effective Fall 2017)
Academic programs — undergraduate and graduate
- IELTS (Academic) – score of 6.5 or higher with a minimum band score of 6.0
- TOEFL – score of 88 or higher (iBT) with no section below 20
- CAEL – score of 70
- PTE – score of 61 with 60 in writing
- Cambridge – Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) min C
- Cambridge – Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) – A
- EIKEN – Grade 1
- CanTEST – score of 4.5 with a minimum writing score of 4.0
- MELAB – score of 85
- LPI – score of 30 (Level 5)
- English 12 C+ (or recognized Canadian equivalent)
Qualifying Studies — academic upgrading for program admission
- IELTS (Academic) – score of 6.0 or higher with a minimum band score of 5.5
- TOEFL – score of 80 or higher (iBT) with no section below 19
- CAEL – score of 60
- PTE – score of 56 with 52 in writing
- Cambridge – Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) – C
- Cambridge – First Certificate in English (FCE) – A
- EIKEN – Grade Pre-1
- CanTEST – overall score of 4.0 in Listening, Reading, and Writing
- MELAB – score of 80
- LPI – score of 24 (Level 4)
- English 12 C- (or recognized Canadian equivalent)
ELS – University Foundation — English and academic upgrading
- TOEFL – score of 71 or higher (iBT) with writing 16 (effective Winter 2018)
- IELTS – overall score of 5.5 with a minimum band score of 5.0 (effective Winter 2018)
- CAEL – score of 50
- PTE – score of 46 with 44 in writing
- EIKEN – Grade 2A with CSE 2400 or higher
- CanTEST – score of 4.0 or higher
- MELAB – score of 70 or higher
- LPI – score of 18-23 (Level 3) or higher
Students with lower scores must first apply for English Language Studies upgrading. Applications with no proficiency score cannot be processed.
Check out the full listing of ESL, Qualifying Studies, and Academic program English admission requirements.
Please consult a copy of the UFV academic calendar for detailed admissions requirements for each program. Applicants for the English Second Language Program must have high school or Form Five completion and be at least eighteen years of age.
Although you may be conditionally accepted into an academic or career program based on your transcript and language proficiency score, you may need to take upgrading classes to meet math, science, or other requirements, as required by your chosen program of study.
Find out more about program and English requirements and how they may affect your course of study at UFV.