There are few universities in Tanzania that offer training in electrical engineering. The courses range from certificates, diploma, degree and masters programmes.
- DAR ES SALAAM INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Dar es Salaam is one of the best colleges to pursue electrical engineering. The university offers electrical engineering program in the following levels:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Ordinary Diploma in Biomedical Equipment Engineering
- Ordinary Diploma in Renewable Energy Technology
- UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM
University of Dar es Salaam is the best university in Tanzania.The institution offers B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, which attracts hundreds of students annually.
Basic admission requirements for the program are:
A candidate shall be deemed eligible for consideration for admission to an undergraduate degree programme of the University if the candidate has obtained:
(a)Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (C.S.E.E.) or equivalent, with passes in FIVE approved subjects THREE of which must be at credit level, obtained prior to sitting for the 2 Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations(A.C.S.E.E.) or equivalent
- T AUGUSTINE UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA
Another reputable institutions that offers electrical engineering degree in Tanzania is S.t Augustine University of Tanzania.
The course the institution offers is a general electrical Engineering degree programme aimed at meeting the need for a broad base professional in electrical engineering. After successful completion of the programme, the graduates should be able to carry out effective planning, analysis and design, implementation, operation, testing, maintenance and management of various electrical engineering systems.
- i) Candidates must be holders of the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (A.C.S.E.E) with two principal level passes in Physics and Mathematics and at least subsidiary pass in Chemistry at the same sitting with a minimum of 4.5 points.A candidate must have at least three (3) credit passes in the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (C.S.E.E O.level), including Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Two principal level passes both of at least ‘C’ grade, if not at the same sitting.
- ii) Candidates must hold a Diploma in Electrical Engineering with at least a GPA of 2.7 or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Electrical Engineering with at least average of ‘C’ grade standing from an institution recognized by the University and or by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- JOSEPH UNIVERSITY IN TANZANIA
St.Joseph University in Tanzania offers diploma and degree programmes in electrical engineering.
Entry requirements for the program are:
Electrical & Electronics Engineering (SJUCET) Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Geography, Mathematics (PGM) combinations with
Holders of Ordinary Diploma (NTA level 6) with minimum GPA of 3.5
Full Technician Certificate in Electrical & a minimum of two principal passes in any of the following subjects: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and a GPA of 4.0
Electronics Eng. (OR) Electronics and Telecommunication Eng. with minimum of B average along with four relevant passes at O level Certificate.
Post form VI certificate of an average of ‘B’ pass. UQF 6.RPL (mature age entry exams conducted under TCU centres). Applicants must have a minimum of Form four.