Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality and works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. CRS has been helping poor, vulnerable families improve their lives through orphans and vulnerable children, agriculture, health, microfinance, and WASH programming in Kenya since 1965.
Responsibilities for the Internship
- Assist the platforms with the documentation of lessons learned and success stories
- Work alongside platforms to document interesting immunization stories
- Work to develop and improve GMT news letters
- Ensuring that Country HSS profiles are up to date
- Act as Rapporteur for GMT meetings and team events
- Workplan and budget tracking for the Gavi platforms and upload to Zoho
- Support with development of Gavi slides for meetings
- Support Program Coordinators with and other Gavi related requests
- Key deliverables for the assignment
- Documented Success stories from 80% of implementing platforms
- News Letter template developed and approved by CRS GMT, OAG and Steering Committee
- 2 newsletters developed and circulated to platform members, OAG and Steering Committee
- Final intern report on experience during internship period or Immunization related area
Qualifications for the Internship
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program or has completed bachelor degree coursework
- Background in one of the following fields, preferred: Public Health, Communications, International Development, Psychology, Public Policy.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills in English (additional proficiency in French preferred)
- Interest in immunization, civil society advocacy, and public policy
- Excellent work ethic and avid team player
Internship Duration and Compensation
This assignment will be undertaken for 7 months, from July 1st 2017 – January 31st 2018. The intern will be required to work a minimum of three days a week at the CRS EARO offices.
How to Apply
Written applications indicating the reference number and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Wednesday May 24, 2017. Human Resources Manager Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program E-mail: [email protected]
Please indicate the Reference Number (Ref: 2017/31) on the ‘email subject. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment