Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 1 Year
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing date: 26 May 2017
Interview date: 5 June 2017
Christian Aid is a humanitarian and development organisation that insists the world can and must be swiftly changed to one where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty.
We work globally for profound change tackling the root causes of poverty, empowering people to have a brighter future, and creating enabling environments for communities to exercise their capacities. We strive to achieve equality, dignity and freedom for all.
In Kenya, Christian Aid focuses on delivering interventions that shifts power relations and dynamics in favour of poor and marginalised communities and groups as a means to ending poverty cycles.
We work to improve access to essential services, inclusiveness of market systems and resilience to climate change related disasters.
Project Officer Job Responsibilities
- Provision of technical support to the SRH Gender Project.
- This role will be responsible for ensuring robust project planning and management support across the project management cycle.
- This will include effective budget management that ensures effective disbursement of funds to Christian Aid partners working on the programme and ensuring funds are used in a timely manner and for approved purposes.
- The role will also be responsible for timely and accurate project reporting. The project officer will further provide administrative support to the Side By Side Gender Justice Movement. (30% of time)
- To support the MEL Officer in the use of data to generate evidence from CA Health models. Support the development of evidence based communication products for strategic representation of Christian Aid internally and externally and supporting the country manager and programme manager engagement with donors, governments and other stakeholder. (30%).
- To meaningfully contribute to the representation of Christian Aid as a authority in shifting power and gender relations through quality health programing. (20%). .
- Engage in personal development including reading, training, conferences, coaching among others (10%).
How to Apply