Daystar University offers few diploma courses which are mostly arts related. Below we list the courses to help you select your ideal choice.
- Diploma In Communication
Applicants must meet the general admission requirements for the Diploma programme of Daystar University. In addition, applicants for a Diploma in Communication must possess the following:
- a minimum of grade B- (minus) in English in KCSE, or
- 500 marks on TOEFL done not more than five years previously, or
- at least Credit 6 under the old ‘O’ Level system,
- 60% with systems that use percentages, or
- a Principle Pass at ‘A’ Level in English
Those who do not meet these requirements must take an English pre-test administered by the Department of Humanities. Those who do not pass the test will be required to take an English course for no credit until they have reached a level where they are able to pass the English pre-test. Applicants with no proficiency in typing will be required to take a typing course for which no academic credit will be given.
Requirement for Graduation
|Credit Hour combinations||Credit Hours|
- Diploma In Business Administration and Management (DBAM)
To be admitted into the program one must be a holder of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum aggregate of C- (minus) or its equivalent Examination Certificate. In addition, a prospective applicant must have obtained a minimum of
- C plain in Mathematics or Business Studies or Economics.
- C- (Minus) in English or Kiswahili.
- One (1) Principal in A level.
- Division III (three) in KCE certificate with a credit pass in Mathematics.
- Other equivalent qualifications as may be approved by the University Senate.
Requirements for Graduation
To graduate with a DBAM a student must meet the following credit hour combinations:
|Credit Hour combinations|
|General Education Required Courses||9 hours|
|Core Courses||18 hours|
|BA Concentration Courses||27 hours|
|Industrial Attachment||6 hours|
- Diploma in Christian Music Communication
In addition to the general requirements for admission to Daystar University and the Institute of Christian Ministries and Training, the applicant for the diploma in Christian Music Communication must demonstrate a high aptitude for applied music by enrolling in and passing the Christian Music Ministry certificate course with a minimum of grade ofB- (Minus), This pre-requisite course is offered only in July before the semester begins in August.
Requirements for graduation
Diploma In Human Resource Management (DHRM)
- Diploma In Information & Communication Technology (DICT)
Overall Admission Requirements for the Diploma Programmes
C- (Minus) in KCSE; or
Two Subsidiaries in ‘A’ Level; or
Division IV (Four) in KCE Certificate with a credit pass in Mathematics, English and four (4) other units; or Three (3) credits in GC E, or
Other equivalent qualifications as may be approved by the University Senate.