Executive MBA is better and more superior than the normal MBA, it’s also suitable for experienced professionals in the accounting and business industry. Admission requirements are slightly differed for various universities.
Strathmore, Kenyatta University and Mount Kenya University are some of the institutions offering the course. Here are the entry requirements for each respective university:
- Kenyatta University Executive MBA Admission Requirements
First degree from Kenyatta University or any other recognized institution.
(b) In addition the applicants must have served in a senior management position for at least two years.
Strathmore University Executive MBA Admission Requirements
Applicants should have a minimum of two years’ managerial experience and pass our aptitude test, the Graduate Entrance Exam (GEE), in lieu of which a candidate may present for consideration their GMAT results as long as they are less than four years old.
In addition, candidates must be:
- Holders of First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degrees in the relevant academic fields from recognized universities, or
- Holders of other related qualifications from recognized universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to a First Class or Upper Second Class degrees, or
- Holders of Lower Second Class degrees plus postgraduate diplomas or certificates of diploma level or equivalent or a GMAT score of at least 500 points.
Mount Kenya University Executive MBA Admission Requirement
The MKU-EMBA Program targets senior management executives in public and private sectors in Kenya and East Africa. The admission requirements are:
- Minimum four (4) years of work experience, one (1) of which must be in a management position,
- A first degree in any field of study from a university recognized by the Commission of University Education (CUE), or
- Any other qualification recognized by the MKU University Senate equivalent to 2. above and relevant to business and leadership.
- Demonstrated personal maturity to engage in a demanding learning program and sharing with peers from a diversity of professional backgrounds.
- Applicants without proven financial background, before program start, must pass a 3-day bridging course in Financial Analysis and Management offered by Equip Africa Institute.
Moi University Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Executive) Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission into the Diploma in Social Work programme, applicants should be in possession of:
- A mean grade of C- at KCSE or Division III at KCE OR
- A mean Grade of D+ at KCSE or its equivalent PLUS a Certificate in relevant discipline of Moi University or any other recognized institution
JKUAT Executive MBA Admission Requirements
A candidate must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements:
Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree with at least Upper Second Class honours in any discipline or its equivalent from an institution recognized by the University Senate.
Be a holder of a Bachelors degree with Lower Second Class honours in any discipline provided the candidate can show proven evidence of research ability or three (3) years relevant experience in a relevant field.
Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree at pass level in any discipline from a recognized University with five (5) years post qualification experience. If less than five (5) years, the holder must have a Diploma with Credit in a relevant field from Kenya National Examinations Council and any other institution recognized by the University Senate.