You can pursue a diploma or certificate in Graphic Design in Kenya. Requirements for the course for each university/college are as follows:
- Technical University of Kenya Diploma in Graphic Design and Communication Admission Requirements
KCSE C+ (Plus)
- KENYATTA UNIVERSITY DIPLOMA IN DIGITAL ANIMATION ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
In addition to meeting the University and School of Creative Arts, Film and Media Studies entry requirements, all candidates for Diploma in Digital Animation must be holders of aggregate grade C in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent.
Prospective students with a portfolio of their original work will have an added advantage.
- MOI UNIVERSITY BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN GRAPHIC COMMUNICATION ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements for Moi University, candidates must:
1. Have at least A in English, A- in Kiswahili, B+ in mathematics and B+ in arts and design.
2. Candidates with diploma qualifications in journalism, public relations, information technology, human resource development and other relevant areas will also be considered.
3. Mature candidates with a principal D and above in at least two subjects at A level in either sciences or arts subjects obtained in the same sitting may also be admitted.
- African Digital Media Institute Diploma in Graphic Design Admission Requirements
Mode of study: Full time – 4 Terms
Intakes: January, May, September
Campus: Caxton House, CBD Nairobi
Fees: Ksh 145,000 (EA) & Ksh 174,000 (International) per term
KCSE C- or above in KCSE OR A-levels with 2 principle passes.
Basic computer proficiency is required. Attach certificates to your application.
Website link: https://admi.ac.ke/courses/diploma-graphic-design/
- Mount Kenya University
|Diploma in Animation and
| Mean grade of C and above in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) and C Plain in both English and Kiswahili. Or
KCSE average grade C- (C minus) and certificate in film related area with a credit from a recognised institution.
- Griffins College Diploma in Graphic Design Admission Requirements
- Students must have basic computer knowledge
- Admission to the program is subject to the approval of Graffins College Academic Board.
Website link: https://www.graffinscollege.net/adobe-creative-suite-cs
- Kenya Institute of Mass Communications
- Diploma in Film/ Video Programs Production (producing and directing option)
- Diploma in Film/ Video Programs Production (editing option)
Mean Grade C plain, C plain in English, Kiswahili and any other 2 subjects
- Diploma in Film/ Video Programs Production (camera option)
- Diploma in Film/ Video Programs Production (sound option)
Mean Grade C plain, C plain in English, C- (minus) in Kiswahili and D+ (minus) in mathematics or physics
- Diploma in Graphic Design and Animation
Mean Grade C plain, C plain in English, Kiswahili and computer studies and C plain in any other 2 subjects
Mean Grade C- (minus), C plain in English, C- in Kiswahili and a D+ (plus) in mathematics
Mean Grade C- (Minus), C- (minus) in mathematics, C – (minus) in physics/physical sciences or C- (minus) in electricity or drawing and design as an additional subject
Mean Grade C- (Minus), C- (minus) in mathematics, C – (minus) in physics/physical sciences
- Certificate in Film/ Video Programs Production
Mean Grade C- (minus), C- (minus) in English, Kiswahili and any other 2 subjects
- Certificate in Animation and Graphic Design
Mean Grade C- (minus), C- (minus) in English, Kiswahili and Computer Studies
Equipment and Facilities
- Film/ Video studios including collapsible facilities.
- Film/Video Editing suites
- Audio Editing lab
- Film Laboratory
- Modern preview theatre
- Animation lab
On completion of their studies our graduates are employed as:
- Movie producers
- Camera persons
- Video editors
- Graphic designers
- Nairobi Institute of Technology Diploma and Certificate in Animation Digital Media Design Admission Requirements
Diploma level – KCSE Mean grade C- an approved equivalent qualification as determined by N.I.T.
Certificate level – KCSE Mean grade D + an approved equivalent qualification as determined by N.I.T.
- Regional Center for Mapping of Resources For Development Graphic Design Course Admission Requirements
This course equips the learner with skills to manipulate photographs and other images, create layouts and backgrounds. This knowledge is applied in web-design and publishing.
The student will learn Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw and Illustrator for 9 weeks @ ksh. 25,000.
A learner has the option of individual software as follows:
- Adobe Photoshop ksh. 10,000, 3 weeks
- CorelDraw @ 10,000, 3 weeks
- Illustrator @ ksh. 10,000, 3 weeks
Website link: https://www.rcmrd.org/it-short-courses