Project Management is a leading course in Kenya in terms of admissions, it rivals MBA.Each university has set its own minimum standards which students must meet before they get admitted.
Below are the admission requirements for universities offering a course in Project Management in Kenya:
JKUAT Masters in Project Management Admission Requirements:
5.1.A candidate must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements:
5.3. Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree with at least Upper Second Class honors in any discipline or its equivalent from an institution recognized by the University Senate.
5.4. Be a holder of a Bachelors degree with Lower Second Class honours in any discipline provided the candidate can show proven evidence of research ability or three (3) years relevant experience in a relevant field.
5.5. Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree at pass level in any discipline from a recognized University and have proven research ability, relevant work experience of five (5) years and their academic work show that they are well qualified to undertake postgraduate studies by passing qualifying examinations.
Mount Kenya University Master of Science in Project Planning and Management Admission Requirements
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Holder of a second class honors’ upper division in Business related courses and other related Bachelor’s Degree from Mount Kenya University or any other recognized university. Or
- Holder of a second class honors’ lower division in Business related courses and other related Bachelor’s Degree from Mount Kenya University or any other recognized university with a minimum of 2 years working experience in a relevant field.
Kenya Institute of Management Diploma in Project Management Admission Requirements
This course is intended to equip the learner with a wide range of management skills applicable in all areas of management.
Modules: I, II, III & IV
Duration: 24 months
– KCSE Mean grade C-; with D+ in English and Maths/Accounting/Business Studies/Economics/Commerce
– Division II in KCE
– One Principal Pass at the KACE
– Completion of KNQA Level 5
– A certificate of experimental learning issued by KNQA
– University students
Fee – 30,000/-
– A degree from a recognized institution
– Progression from Module II
– No direct admission
All students are expected to:
– Write a research project in the area of specialization (6 months)
– Participate in attachment process (8 – 12 weeks)
KCA Diploma in Project Management Admission Requirements
- Fresh graduates in high school
- Graduates who want to build a career in project management
9 months (3semesters, 3hrs/ lesson)
Diploma: C plain
32,000 per trimester
Website link: https://www.kca.ac.ke/project-management
KENYATTA UNIVERSITY DIPLOMA IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
To qualify for admission to this programme, candidates must meet any of the following minimum requirements:-
i. A holder of KCSE C (plain) or its equivalent or
ii. A holder of KCE Division III or its equivalent or
iii. A holder of KACE with One Principal and One Subsidiary or
- A Holder of KCSE C- (minus) with a relevant certificate from a recognized institution
Nairobi Institute of Business Studies Diploma in Project Management Admission Requirements
KCSE C Minus
January, March, June, September
KENYA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL WORK DIPLOMA IN PROJECT PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT (KNEC) ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE C – or KCE Div. 3 or the equivalent
- Course open to Beginners, Community development workers, Welfare officers and Fresh students
- Craft certificate in Project Planning and Management
COOPERATIVE UNIVERSITY OF KENYA DIPLOMA IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
KCSE (or its equivalent) with mean grade C- (Minus)
O-Level Division III (or its equivalent)
Credit Pass in a relevant Certificate Course from the Cooperative University of Kenya or a recognised institution.
Holder of qualifications deemed to be equivalent to any of the above.
Possession of the Minimum requirements does not guarantee automatic admission to Diploma Programmes.
Subject to the approval of the Senate, schools may formulate regulations requiring applicants to have attained such academic or equivalent qualification, as may be consistent with the goals of their Diploma programmes
Website link: https://www.cuk.ac.ke/admissions/diploma-programmes/
Zetech University Diploma in Project Management Admission Requirements
- An aggregate grade of C- (C Minus) and above in K.C.S.E
- D- in either English or Kiswahili
- D- in either Mathematics /Business Studies/Geography/History/CRE/Computer Studies/Agriculture
Moi University Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning & Management Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission into the Post-graduate Diploma programme, applicants shall be holders of a Bachelor of Arts degree Second Class Honours, Lower Division from Moi University or those institutions recognised by Moi university senate.
Gretsa University Diploma in Project Management Admission Requirements
A candidate must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements:
KCSE Mean Grade C- (Minus)
KACE (with at least a principal pass)
Any other qualification acceptable to the Senate of Gretsa University as equivalent to any of the above
A business related Certificate program from Gretsa University or any other recognized institution.
East Africa Institute of Certified Studies Diploma in Project management (KNEC) Admission Requirements
Course Duration: 24 months
Exam Body: KNEC
Grade: C- and Above
Website link: https://www.ics.ac.ke/diploma-in-project-managementknec/
Maseno University Master of Arts in Project Planning and Management Admission Requirements
|The minimum number of modules required to graduate with a Masters degree will vary between 14-18 modules. Further information can be obtained from the Dean.|
Website link: https://ecampus.maseno.ac.ke/programmes.php