Public Relations is among the most popular courses in Kenya. Several universities offer the program and there are specific admission requirements for each university.
Below are the entry requirements for each university offering PR in Kenya:
- Mount Kenya University Diploma in Public Relations and Diplomacy Admission Requirements
To be admitted into the Diploma in Public Relations and Diplomacy programme, a student must fulfill the following requirements:
a) Aggregate mean grade of C (plain) and above in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or any other relevant qualifications recognized by the senate OR
- b) A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with an average grade C- (C minus) and any other certificate relevant to the field. OR
- c) Applicants who have not taken any of the above examinations must produce acceptable documentary evidence of having passed an examination of equivalent status.
- MOI UNIVERSITY BSC IN COMMUNICATION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
In addition to meeting the minimum entrance requirements for Moi University, candidates must:
1. Have at least a C+ in English, a C+ in Kiswahili, a C in Mathematics, at least a B in any subject in group III and a B in any subject in group IV or VI at K. C. S. E
2. Candidates with diploma qualifications from recognized institutions in Public Relations, Human Resource Development, Education, and any other relevant areas will also qualify for admission.
3. Candidates with at least two principals at A level in either sciences or arts subjects obtained in the same sitting may also be admitted.
4. Admission may also be granted to candidates with equivalent alternative qualification as above on the recommendation of the school subject to the approval of the Senate.
5. Or any other qualification recognized by Senate as equivalent to the above
- African Nazarene University Diploma in Public Relations Admission Requirements
|Admission Requirements||Minimum KCSE grade of C- (Minus)
3 credits in IGCSE or its equivalent.
Minimum GPA of 2.3 from ANU Certificate
- NIBS DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC RELATIONS (I.C.M.) ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Examination Body: ICM.Duration : 6 Months (2 terms)
Entry Requirements : KCSE D (PLUS) & above
Mode of study : Open and Distance learning.
- Kenya Institute of Mass Communication Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations Admission Requirements
Mean Grade C plain, C plain in English, Kiswahili and any other 2 subjects Certificate
Strathmore University Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism and Public Relations / Journalism and Development Communication) Admission Requirements
C+ and above in KCSE
At least C+ in English
Website link: https://www.strathmore.edu/courses/
- Technical University of Kenya Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy Admission Requirements
Candidates shall be eligible for admission into the Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy degree in the School of Social and Technology Studies in the following categories:
The basic admission requirement shall be the minimum entry requirements set for entry into the public universities, which is at least an average grade of C+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE). In addition, candidates are expected to have obtained C+ (plus) in English at KCSE examinations:
Mathematics A/ Mathematics B/Any group II
Any group III
A group II subject/second group II/Any Group IV/any Group V.
KCSE Subject Grouping
Group I: English, Kiswahili, Mathematics
Group II: Biology, Physics, Chemistry
Group III: History and Government, Geography, Christian Religious Education, Islamic Religious Education, Hindu Religious Education
Group IV: Home Science, Art and Design, Agriculture, Aviation Technology, Computer Studies
Group V: French, German, Arabic, Music, Business Studies
Levels or Equivalent
Candidates should have a minimum of two (2) principal passes of which one should be a humanity subject, with a credit pass in English at O-Level.
Diploma (TEP) or equivalent
Candidates with Diploma in International Relations and Diplomacy of The Technical University of Kenya or equivalent qualifications
Diploma in Technology (Dip Tech) or equivalent
Candidates with Diploma in Technology of The Technical University of Kenya or equivalent from a recognized Institution.
Higher Diploma (H. Dip) or Equivalent
Candidates with a Higher Diploma (H.Dip) in International Studies or equivalent from a recognized institution
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
Candidates with a Degree in any field who wish to undertake another degree in International Relations and Diplomacy.
- THE COOPERATIVE UNIVERSITY OF KENYA DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC RELATIONS AND ADVERTISING ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Duration of 4 semesters
KCSE (or its equivalent) with mean grade C- (Minus)
O-Level Division III (or its equivalent)
Credit Pass in a relevant Certificate Course from the Cooperative University of Kenya or a recognised institution.
Holder of qualifications deemed to be equivalent to any of the above.
Possession of the Minimum requirements does not guarantee automatic admission to Diploma Programmes.
Subject to the approval of the Senate, schools may formulate regulations requiring applicants to have attained such academic or equivalent qualification, as may be consistent with the goals of their Diploma programmes
Website link: https://www.cuk.ac.ke/admissions/diploma-programmes/
- UNIVERSITY OF EMBU DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC RELATIONS AND CORPORATE COMMUNICATION ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission Requirements for the Diploma in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
a) The general University admission requirement for a DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC RELATIONS AND CORPORATE COMMUNICATION shall apply.
b) To be legible for admission, applicants satisfy the minimum entry requirements stipulated in the University statutes that are at least C plain grade aggregate in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent.
Any other relevant qualifications from a reputable institution accredited by the Commission for University Education or the Ministry of Education
Duration of Study
i. A full time student (defined as taking full load of between 6 and 8 courses per semester in the duration of the programme) is expected to complete the programme in eight (4) semesters excluding four (4) months industrial attachment.