Our client is a well-established real estate company that deals with residential and commercial properties. They seek to hire an Accountant to maintain efficient and accurate accounts in the areas designated by the Financial Controller.
Industry: Real Estate
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems
- Ensuring regular invoicing, receive and receipt payment
- Administering VAT and processing returns
- Administering the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, leave)
- Undertaking daily banking functions and bank reconciliations. Deal with daily petty cash.
- Undertaking the preparatory work for the annual audit of accounts and assisting in implementation of audit recommendations
- Undertaking any ad hoc duties associated with the accounts function, including maintaining financial files and records, and photocopying.
- Ensuring all filing is done in a timely, accurate and organised manner
- Carrying out other related tasks as might be required from time to time
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Minimum CPA Section IV or equivalent (ideally related with a degree)
- At least 2 years’ experience
- Must conversant with Accounting packages
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Must have a good understanding of financial concepts and pay keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant – Real Estate) to [email protected] before 29th May 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted