Sigalagala National Polytechnic Offers competitive certificate and diploma courses as listed below.
DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED SCIENCES
Courses currently offered include:
Diploma in Applied Biology,
Diploma in Analytical Chemistry,
Diploma in Entrepreneurial Agriculture (modular),
Diploma in General Agriculture,
Certificate in Science Laboratory Technology,
Certificate in Entrepreneurial Agriculture and
Certificate in General Agriculture.
In addition, the department has recently introduced
Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technician,
Diploma in Medical Laboratory, and
Higher National Diploma in Applied Biology.
DEPARTMENT OF BUILDING AND CIVIL ENGINEERING
Diploma in land survey
Diploma in Building construction
Diploma in Civil Engineering
Diploma in Water Technology
Diploma in Quantity survey
Certificate in Building Technology
Certificate in Land Survey.
Higher Diploma in Building Engineering
Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering
Diploma in highways
Diploma in structural Engineering
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS
Human resource section
The section is currently headed by Mrs.miheso Electine and currently offers the following courses
- Higher national diploma in human resource management
- ¨Diploma in human
- Human resource management module I,II,III
- Certificate in human resource management module I,II
Community development and social work section
The section is currently headed by Mrs. Margaret Salano and offers the following courses:
- Diploma in community development module I,II,III
- Certificate in community development module I,II
Business management section
The section is currently headed by mr.juma wasilwa and offers the following courses:
- Diploma in business management I,II,III
- Certificate in business management I,II
This section is headed by mr.lwiki timothy and offers the following courses:
- Diploma in accountancy (KNEC)
- Diploma in accountancy (KASNEB)
Supply chain management section
The section is headed by mr.kissinger angano and offers the following courses:
- Diploma in freight management
- Diploma in project management
- Certificate project management
- Diploma in supplies chain management I,II,III
- Certificate in supplies chain management I,II
- Associate purchasing and supplies (level I &II)
- Certified purchasing & suppliers professional (part I,II,III)
- Diploma in purchasing and supplies (KISM)
- Certificate in purchasing and supplies (KISM)
- Diploma in purchasing and supplies (KASNEB)
- Certificate in purchasing and supplies (KASNEB)
- Certified procurement and supply professional part 1,II,III,IV
Minimum requirements for admission
- For a certificate courses one is required to have attained a minimum of D (plain) in KCSE
- For a diploma courses one is required to have attained a minimum of C- (minus) in KCSE
The department currently is offering the following courses;
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology (Module I, II, and III).
- Craft Certificate in Information Technology (Module I and II).
- Certificate in Systems Support.
- Diploma in Systems Support.
- Currently, the department is offering Computer Packages as a short course. Time frame ranges between ten to twenty hours per package. Packages covered include the following;
- Introduction to Computers & operating Systems
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Publisher
- Internet & E-mail
The newly proposed courses that will be offered in the department include the following;
- Courses offered by kasneb
- Diploma examinations
- Diploma in information communication technology level I
- Diploma in information communication technology level II
- Diploma in information communication technology level III
- IC3-Internet & core computing certification
- Diploma in Computer studies.
- Cisco certification.
- Oracle certification.
- Accounting packages(sage)
- Diploma examinations
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION SCIENCE
he department offers the following courses
- HND in library and information management
- Diploma in information studies
- Certificate in information studies
- Diploma in journalism and mass media
- Diploma in music and sound engineering
New courses to be introduced are:
- Diploma in Archive and record management.
- Higher National Diploma in Archives and record management
These courses are offered at::
- MAIN CAMPUS
The classes are regular
- TOWN CAMPUS
The courses are offered at Kakamega, both regular and Evening classes.
- OFF CAMPUS
The courses are attended during Holiday or School based.
Application who wishes to enroll for this course should have the following minimum requirements:
-Passed KCSE with an average grade of C- for the Diploma courses
-Passed KCSE with an average grade of D for certificate courses
-Passed in diploma for HND courses
- Diploma in electrical and electronic department module 1.2 and 3(DEE I, DEE II and DEE III).
- Craft certificate in electrical and electronics module 1, and 2(CEE I and CEE II)
- Solar pv installation.
NEW COURSES TO BE INTRODUCED
Sigalagala National Polytechnic is also looking forward to introduce the following new courses as from September 2016;
- Higher diploma in electrical engineering (HND)
- Craft certificate in telecommunication (CIT)
- Diploma in telecommunication engineering module 1(DITE )
- Craft certificate in instrumentation and control(CIC)
- Diploma in instrumentation and control engineering module1(DICE)
Some of the best courses offered at Sigalagala national polytechnic include engineering courses, IT courses, KASNEB courses and health related courses.
There are over 100 marketable courses to choose from. If you possess at least a D-,you will get a marketable course to study at this great institution.