NAIROBI, NAIROBI, Kenya – Full Time
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
|Position Title:||Senior Logistics and Security Officer – NorCross
|Reporting to:||Regional Finance Manager
The Senior Logistics and Security Officer for NorCross Africa region will secure that Norwegian Red Cross regional office and country teams in Africa are able to support and undertake necessary operational logistics, procurement, supply chain and administration services. In addition, the role will provide safety and security services and management for the regional office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Secures timely and quality logistics services and procurement process in support of Norwegian Red Cross humanitarian project deliveries and in accordance with professional standards
- Coordinates the regional support and cooperation with IFRC and ICRC in the region and support Norwegian Red Cross logistics development programmes in the regions
- Secures timely and quality security and safety assessment and overall security management for regional office in Kenya.
Procurement and Logistics
- Coordinates logistics and procurement processes in the region in accordance with Norwegian Red Cross standard procurement practices.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items and keeps informed of local market conditions. Ensures, through regular market investigation, that all purchased goods meet International standards, are fit for their intended purpose and have, where required, appropriate inspection certificates.
- Prepares request for payments ensuring the full supporting documents are in place and ensures that payment requests are signed in accordance with Norwegian Red Cross accountability matrix.
- Acts as the main focal point for all fleet needs and activities in the region, including fleet maintenance and oversees the adherence to driving rules and regulations.
- Responsible for Norwegian Red Cross prepositioned goods where such exist, and provides country offices and partners with warehouse training according to needs
- Capacity builds all the Norwegian Red Cross staff on procurements process and ensure that all requested items are directed towards the procurement unit of Norwegian Red Cross only.
- Support Cos and Host National Society programs within logistics matters as well as to monitor and assess the risk associated with logistics component of all Norwegian Red Cross supported programs
- Act as IT focal point for NorCross Africa Office liaising with Oslo IT team and outsourced IT services for any IT matters.
Coordination and cooperation
- Represents Norwegian Red Cross by participating in logistics meetings, supports and participates in trainings hosted by relevant partners Emergency response; Supports and deploys to Norwegian Red Cross supported emergency response missions
- Perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to colleagues when necessary and assigned by the line manager
Procurement and Logistics development
- In close cooperation with Global Procurement Coordinator at HQ; follows up, executes and provides input to the procurement and logistics development programmes in the region
- Develops and manages a comprehensive overview of Norwegian Red Cross RO offices assets and follow up to ensure assets management routines are implemented at CO level
Delegate logistics and onboarding
- Coordinates delegate housing leasing process.
- Coordinates visa processing/work permits for delegates.
Security Focal Point for RO
- Manages and coordinates all security related tasks for the regional office in Kenya.
- Provides security analysis and ensure gaps in security management are identified and addressed.
- Provides security advice and support for staff traveling to countries where NorCross don’t have in country presence.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other RCRC Movement partners on the security in the region.
- Provides technical support on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity for RO and supports NorCross COs in Africa on the same
- Arranges airport movement at arrival or departure for all Norwegian Red Cross personnel and visitors and prepares a welcome pack for delegates including phones and sim cards, as required.
- Gives security updates to all staff in the regional office or visitors in RO.
- Coordinates with NorCross Regional Representative for Africa on the management of and security portfolio for RO and support to COs
- Liaises with NorCross Security Coordinator in Oslo and with other RCRC Movement partner security focal points as necessary
- Performs duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to colleagues when necessary and assigned by the line manager
- The Regional Logistics and Security Officer will liaise with suppliers and service providers to ensure timely and effective delivery of goods and services to Norwegian Red Cross supported activities in collaboration with the Procurement and logistics offers at the Host National Society.
- The Office will be integrated in the team composed of Global Logistics Coordinators at the National Office, jointly establishing and overseeing Norwegian Red Cross Procurement Guidelines and ensuring fluent work relations across units and departments.
- Liaises with suppliers, and international and governmental when appropriate. Together with the IFRC regional office or ICRC regional offices, seek consistent communication to ensure purposeful collaboration and risk management in the region.
- Liaises with partners, national and international humanitarian organizations and government agencies for security updates.
- University Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics or similar related degree.
- Professional qualifications in CIPS, KIPS or similar qualifications would be an added advantage
- Five years’ experience working in a similar role
- Successful record of accomplishment of logistics operation management, in high-risk or humanitarian contexts.
- Experience in logistics — including warehousing, transportation, customs clearance and procurement — for international humanitarian operations is an asset.
- Demonstrably experience from overcoming customs/legal or other obstacles to carry through with tasks assigned
- Experience in security management in humanitarian organizational contexts
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor work plans, and to present concise oral and written procurement reports, and other supporting documentation.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Fluency in English a requirement. Work proficiency in a regional language an asset.
- Fluency in relevant IT tools, including with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work towards achieving objectives and results, Influence and Communicate
- Collaborates well with others and supports others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and is firm and reliable
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 14th February 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.