A number of blogs in South Africa receive millions of visits in a month with some getting up to 50 million page views. The most visited ones are those that provide information that resonate well with the audience. In this article, we are going to reveal the list of most visited blogs in South Africa and the amount of page views they receive every month.
The most visited blog in South Africa is Briefly which is owned by Genesis Group of Companies. The site gets an average of 30 million page views per month. Genesis Group also owns Tuko in Kenya and Legit in Nigeria, both blogs are popular in their respective countries.
- Briefly—30 million page views per month
- News24—30 million monthly page views
- Gumtree—28 monthly page views
- Lol—20 million monthly page views
- Makro—15 million monthly page views
- Business Tech—15 million monthly page views
- Citizen South Africa—13 million monthly page views
- Sun South Africa—12 million monthly page views
- The South African—11 monthly page views
- One Day Only—10 million monthly page views
- Daily Maverick—10 million monthly page views
- Times Live—10 million monthly page views
- Discovery South Africa—10 million monthly page views
- Business Insider South Africa—10 million monthly page views
- Money Web—9 million monthly page views
- Careers24—7 million monthly page views
Most of these sites started as simple blogs but grew over time because of the SEO strategies they put in place. I have realized that majority of them use SEO tools to search for the right keywords to write about. One of the most commonly used SEO tool is SEMrush. The tool has 30-day free trial for all its new clients. If you also want to use it,click on this link to sign up for free
They also use WordPress Premium themes from ThemeForest.One of the most popular themes is Newspaper which costs $59 ,there are also several other themes at ThemeForest,click on this link to see the full list
To create a new blog in South Africa, you need a capital of R500 to R2000.The best hosting company for high traffic WordPress sites is Bluehost.Visit Bluehost,register a domain name and buy hosting space for $3.95 per month,click on this link to visit Bluehost
If your website manages to get over 10 million monthly visitors, be sure of earning at least $5,000 from AdSense.A blog like Briefly makes over $30,000 every month from AdSense and sponsored banners.