Secretarial Service Internship at the Ministry of Public Service, Youth & Gender Affairs
Vacant Post: One (1)
Terms of Service: Internship (3 months)
Salary: As provided for in the Public Service
Purpose for the Job
The Purpose of the job is to provide secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
Responsibilities for the Secretarial Service Internship
- Comply with administrative services policies and procedures;
- Ensuring general cleanliness in offices and Authority’s grounds is maintained;
- Liaising with procurement unit to ensure provision of office equipment and materials;
- Maintaining and updating furniture and office equipment inventory;
- Facilitate payment of utility bills;
- Generating administrative reports on repairs and maintenance; and
- Facilitating meetings, conferences and other internal events.
Qualifications for the Secretarial Service Internship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies or Bachelor of Business Administration or relevant social science from a recognized institution or any other equivalent qualifications from recognized institution
- Higher Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council or any other recognized institution
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council or any other recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Typewriting stages I, II and III and Shorthand Stages II and III will be added advantage
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter, curriculum vitae attached together with copies of academic and professional qualifications, recommendations and copy of identification card to:
THE PRINCIPAL SECRETARY
STATE DEPARTMENT OF GENDER AFFAIRS
TELPOSTA BUILDING, 4TH FLOOR
P.O. Box 30005-00100
So as to reach the State Department on or before 31st May, 2017
NB: THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF GENDER AFFAIRS IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. WOMEN, PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITIES, AND THE MARGINALIZED ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.