Mount Kenya University offers certificate and diploma courses for Kenyans who would like to join the institution for the same. The University is ranked among the best private universities in the country ,due to that it attracts the best brains.
Diploma programmes offered at Mount Kenya University include:
- All bridging certificate programmes
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology
- Certificate in Animal Health and Production
- Diploma in Animal Health and production
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- Diploma in Bio-medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Business Information Technology
- Diploma in Community Development and Social Work
- Diploma in Dental Technology
- Diploma in Environmental Health
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- Main Campus, Thika will consider reinstating the suspended diploma and certificate courses as and when space and facilities are expanded.
- Kindly note that the other MKU campuses will continue with their normal admissions.
- New fees guidelines
New fees guidelines will only affect new students and the institution will not adjust tuition fees for any continuing student. Take notice that the above action will affect the students on academic leave and those referred who intend to resume their studies in the main campus.
Before you apply for admission at MKU, you are encouraged to carefully consider the various degree and diploma programmes available and to meet with an adviser and when you decide MKU is the place you want to be. Admission to MKU is on a first come first serve basis so be sure to complete your application early.
Whether you are interested in undergraduate or graduate studies, diploma or certificate programmes, you will find that MKU has a variety of programmes to chose from in fulfilling your educational and career goals.
Duly filled application forms should be addressed to the Registrar- academic Affairs.
Application should be accompanied by copies of relevant academic and professional certificates.
Application fee differs according to the level of course being applied for. i.e
Kshs 1,000 For Certificate, Diplomas and Undergraduate programmes
Kshs 2,000 For Post-Graduate programmes for Kenyan applicants and US Dollars 50 for all non-Kenyan applicants
Mode of Payment:
Payment to be deposited in either of the following Bank Accounts
Equity Bank, ACC. No- 0090292435067 SWIFT CODE EQBLKENA
KCB Bank, Acc. No – 1121032222
Coop Bank, Acc. No – 01129279981300 SWIFT CODE KCOOKENA
GT Bank, ACC. No- 2014200002
Standard Chartered Bank, ACC. No- 0102049817400 SWIFT CODE SCBLKENX
Family Bank, ACC. No- 005000019336
Money Order / Banker’s Cheque payable to Mount Kenya University.
Application for admission does not guarantee admission into the University for course applied for, this will be subject to fulfillment of all requirements and class size as approved by the University Senate.For further information, kindly enquire from the Registrar, Academic Affairs the programmes being offered at our campuses and study centres:
Office of Registrar
Mount Kenya University
PO Box 342 – 01000