Bulk SMS services are important for companies with thousands or millions of visitors they send notifications on regular basis. Over 100 companies provide bulk SMS services but the best services are offered by about 8 of them.
When looking for a good bulk SMS provider, you should consider the speed of sending the SMS, cost of SMS and whether the platform can send bulk SMS within a short time. You should also investigate whether there are hidden costs charged to clients.
Based on our reviews, here is a list of the companies we found out to be providing the best bulk SMS services.
- Truehost Kenya
Truehost not only provides web hosting services, they also offer cheap bulk SMS services. Since the company uses its own servers, their services are excellent. They charge Ksh0.75 per SMS and one can send as many SMS as possible. To buy the service,click here and visit Truehost website
- Advanta Africa Limited
Advanta Africa Limited is also a good bulk SMS provider. It currently serves over 1,000 customers. You won’t be disappointed after choosing them.
- Key features of the bulk SMS:
- DND Allowed
- Send SMS 24×7
- Free API Integration
- Delivery Report
- Customized SMS
- Regional language
Decidate shortcode cost implication Cost Exclusive VAT
One off set up fee Kes 25,000
Monthly Rental Fee Kes. 15,000
Shared Shortcode Cost Implication
One Off set up fee Kes. 15,000
Monthly Rental Fee Kes. 5,000
Dedicate USSD Cost Implication
One Off set up Fee Kes 150,000
Monthly Rental fee (Negotiable)
Renewal Testbed Fee Kes. 15,000
Shared USSD Cost Implication
One Off Set Up Fee Kes 20,000
Monthly Rental Fee Kes. 15,000
One off sms branding Kes. 10,000 per network. Price slightly negotiable. Our bulk sms graduated rates available on request.
Website link: https://www.advantasms.com/price
Another good bulk SMS provider you should select isOramobile.They actually allow you to negotiate with them when you send so many SMS.Some clients are charged as low as Ksh0.40 per SMS.
Bulk SMS Prices in Kenya
– Bulk SMS branded Sender ID eg with name of your company:
a) Branded Sender ID offer price – Kshs. 7,500
Other Special cases Sender ID rates & Options:
- Kshs. 7,000 special select groups eg churches, organizations that give back to the society, small welfare & youth groups
- FREE branded Sender ID that is ready to plug and play “KenyaOnline” rented at Kshs. 3,000. Based on Volumes
- Special negotiated large volume premium Sender IDs at Kshs. 6,000 but this will depend on your credit rates.
b) Bulk SMS credits
- Normal starting SMS credits running offer Kshs. 0.75
- Credits above 10,000 monthly traffic and based on a sending history range from Kshs. 0.45-Kshs. 0.75 based on volume rate table.
- Kshs. 0.70 for special groups eg churches, charities etc
- Premium credits Kshs. 0.30
NB: Clients prefer to use us because of our uptime, dashboard advanced features that allow you to Plan Data & Audience, Message, and Analyse. This together with our excellent support and automated systems will save your time and help you running in the shortest time possible. Welcome to Oramobile and welcome to Oracom Group.
2. Bulk SMS Resellers;
Whitelisting – Kshs 3,000 so that you have an account like sms.yourcompany.co.ke or messaging.yourdomain.com
Sender ID – Kshs 6,500
Credits- Kshs 0.65 / (as low as 0.5 or much lower for bigger volumes / monthly fees)
We also sell the much cheaper expiring credits at Kshs. 0.30
3. Shortcode (setup and monthly same amount)
– Dedicated Shortcode KShs. 15,000 (unlimited keywords/code only used by the customer).
– Shared Shortcode KShs. 8,000 (up to 5 keywords)
– Shared Shortcode 5,800 (up to 1 keyword)
NB: Keyword: SMS the word “PLOT” to 22123. The word “PLOT” is a keyword.
4. USSD (Setup cost, the same amount is monthly)
– Shared USSD 5,800 (200 accounts, Shared)
– Shared USSD 10,000 (100 accounts, Shared)
– Shared USSD 20,000 (50 accounts, Shared)
– Shared USSD 40,00 (20 accounts, Shared),
– Shared USSD 50,000 (10 accounts, Shared)
– Shared USSD 50,000 (5 accounts, Shared)
– Deciated USSD 150,000 (1 account)
USSD is like *354# is a dedicated USSD and *354*32* is a shared shortcode where the customer only uses the menus after the 32.
5. RBT / Corporate Ring Back Tones / Company Skiza Tunes
– Voice + Setup – 5,500 (male or female voice, we have samples + 1 yr support)
– Setup Only – 4,000 (recording comes from the client + 1 yr support)
– Voice + Setup – 10,000 (male or female voice, we have samples + unlimited support)
Website link: https://oramobile.co.ke/
- SMS Leopard
Some of my friends are using SMS Leopard, they are comfortable with the company’s services. Though sometimes it’s systems hang, they say the company is cheap and has good customer service.
They sell SMS from Ksh0.4 to Ksh 1.5 depending on the volumes you want to send.
Website link: https://www.smsleopard.com/pricing
Movehost’s set up fee is among the cheapest in the industry, they charge Ksh5,000 only.They charge each SMS Ksh 0.4 to Ksh1 and currently over 500 customers are being served by the company.
Website link: https://www.movesms.co.ke/pricing/
Note that they don’t charge hidden fee.
- Africa’s Talking
Africa’s Talking is present in several African countries, it’s a big organization. The best thing about big organizations is that they are sensitive to customers’ concerns. Despite being a big organization, Africa’s Talking serves customers diligently.
The cost of each bulk SMS goes for Ksh0.4 to Ksh 0.80. Below is a table showing details of the pricing:
KES 0 – 19,999
KES 20,000 – 99,999
KES 100,000 – 399,999
|Safaricom||KES 0.8||KES 0.7||KES 0.6||KES 0.4|
|Airtel Kenya (Local Traffic)||KES 0.8||KES 0.8||KES 0.7||KES 0.6|
|Airtel Kenya (International Traffic)*||USD 0.056|
|Other Kenyan Telcos||KES 0.8||KES 0.8||KES 0.7||KES 0.6|
Website link: https://africastalking.com/sms/bulksms#pricing
Celcom is a serious company. I used to buy bulk SMS from them sometime back until 2020.They never disappointed.
Their charges range between Ksh 0.4 and Ksh1 per SMS.
Celcom website link: https://www.cabulksms.com/bulk-sms-pricing
Their prices are based on the following bands:
|625 – 20,000 bulk SMS messages|
|20,000 – 50,000 bulk SMS messages|
|50,000 – 100,000 bulk SMS messages|
|100,000 – 400,000 bulk SMS messages|
|400,000 bulk SMS messages- and aboves|
- Mobitech Technologies solutions
Mobitech Technologies solutions is among the cheapest companies when it comes to offering bulk SMS.A client can bargain and buy one SMS for as little as Ksh 0.35.
KES 0 – 49,999
|Safaricom||KES 0.35||KES 0.3|
|Airtel Kenya (Local Traffic)||KES 0.35||KES 0.3|
|Other Kenyan Telcos||KES 0.35||KES 0.3|
Dedicated Short Code
|Telco||Set Up||Monthly Maintenance per Telco|
|Safaricom, Airtel||KES 30,000||KES 15,000|
*prices are 16% VAT exclusive
*Set up fee is a prepayment for the first two months
Shared Short Code (Keyword)
|Set Up||Monthly Maintenance|
|KES 5,000 + 16% VAT||KES 2,000 + 16% VAT|
|Safaricom only||KES 6,800|
|Airtel only||KES 8,000|
Website link: https://mobitechtechnologies.com/pricing/