Bachelor of Commerce is a marketable course in Uganda where the salary of graduates is upwards of Ush 700,000. There are several universities that offer the course and each university has unique admission requirements.
Below are the admission requirements for BCom in Uganda:
———–Covendish University Uganda Bachelor of Commerce Admission Requirements
The minimum entry requirements for admission to a Bachelor`s degree programme are:
- Direct entry
(a) At least five (5) passes at the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent
(b) At least two (2) principal passes at the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
Conditional admission will be verified after getting the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) Results print – out.
Within the framework of the general direct entry requirements, there may be Special Faculty Requirements which a candidate must fulfill to gain admission to a programme in a specific Faculty.
- Mature Age Entry
(a) A candidate must be at least 25 years of age
(b) The candidate must have passed Mature Age Entry Examinations with 50% mark or above
(c) The Mature Age Entry Examinations must have been taken at a Centre approved by the NCHE
(d)No candidate who had previously attended a programme at Cavendish University Uganda shall be readmitted to the University under this scheme to a programme of study in which he/she failed to qualify during his/her previous attendance.
- A Diploma Holder`s Avenue
A candidate must have obtained at least a second class/credit diploma or the equivalent performance which is relevant to his/her desired field of study from a recognized institution.
- Foundation Programme Certificate
A candidate who holds a Foundation Programme Certificate from a recognized institution is eligible for admission.
- A Degree Holder`s Avenue
a) A candidate must have a degree in an accredited programme from a recognized institution.
b)The candidate shall be considered for admission to a field relevant/related to his/her degree.
c) The candidate must have met the minimum requirements for admission to the degree programme he/she has completed.
- An International Applicant:
6.1 Must have a qualification that is recognized for University entry in his/her home country or country where he/she has studied. The applicant will be offered a provisional admission for one semester pending equating of his/her qualification.
The University may consider for admission to a degree programme a candidate who has successfully completed a 12 – year – system of education provided that such a candidate has been registered at another University, prior to applying to Cavendish University Uganda, for a degree programme and has successfully completed at least one year of University education. Such a candidate must, however, submit the University academic transcript from that other University.
6.2 A holder of a 12- year-system of education Certificate:
A holder of this Certificate such as the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or the equivalent is required to successfully complete a Foundation Year before enrolling for the Bachelor`s degree programme.
- Special Entry:
Applications submitted by candidates who do not meet the traditional entry criteria can only be considered after consultations with the NCHE for guidance and with the approval of the Senate.
- Admission to Other than the First Year
Admission to the second or third or any other year requires the special consideration and permission of the relevant Faculty Board and the Senate in accordance with the University policies on Exemption and Credit Accumulation and Transfer.
——–Makerere University Bachelor of Commerce Admission Requirements
- have the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five passes, or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level (UACE) obtained at the same sitting. (For day programmes only candidates who sat A’ level in 2018, 2017 and 2016 are eligible to apply. For evening, afternoon, and external programmes, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting A’level. (Detailed weighting system for programmes to be offered by Makerere University for the 2019/2020 Academic Year can be viewed on the undergraduate admissions office noticeboard or Makerere University website; www.mak.ac.ug.
- hold at least a Second Class/Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma or otherwise as specified in the Diploma Holders’ Requirements from a recognised chartered institution, relevant to the programme applied for. Certified copies of Academic Transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding institutions and one passport size photography must be submitted to Office 315 Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online. (Details of the Diploma Holders’ admission requirements for the 2019/2020 academic year can be viewed on the notice board of the undergraduate Admissions Office or on Makerere University website: www.mak.ac.ug).
(c) be a graduate from a recognised chartered university. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of Certified copies) from the awarding institutions and one passport size photography must be submitted to office 315, Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online.
———–Uganda Christian University Bachelor of Commerce Admission Requirements
Ugandan Applicants for Degree programs should hold either
- UCE & UACE Certificate with 2 Principal Passes OR
- Diploma from a recognized institution of Higher Learning OR
- A Pass in Mature Age Examination.
Kenyan Applicants for Degree should hold either
- KCSE holders must have a minimum grade of C+ and above. OR
- KACE, ‘GCE or A-levels’ applicants must have at least 2 principal passes or its equivalent. OR
- A Diploma in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution of Higher Learning
Tanzanian Applicants for Degree should hold at least either
- TCE & TACE Certificate with at least 2 Principal Passes OR
- Diploma from a recognized institution of Higher Learning
Other International Applicants
- International applicants must have qualifications that are recognized for University entry in their respective countries.
The Admissions Office,
Uganda Christian University,
P. O. BOX 4 Mukono, Uganda.
Email: [email protected]
——–Uganda Technology and Management University Bachelor of Business Administration Admission Requirements
At least two principal passes in UACE or its equivalent at the same sitting
At least 2nd class lower division in Business Administration, Management, IT, Statistics, Development Economics, Library Studies or a related field.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certificate from a recognized institution
- At least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes at the same sitting in UACE
——Kampala International University Bachelor of Business Administration Admission Requirements
Selection of courses:
Academic programmes offered at the university are provided for in the fees structure. A student chooses a course of preference for as long as he/she qualifies for it. An academic programme that does not appear on the list of courses is not offered at the University at the moment.
Minimum entry qualifications
Check for the minimum entry entry qualifications for admission at KIU approved and followed by university’s Admission Committee from the various academic programmes’ page.