Quality Assurance Specialist for Middle Africa
Novo Nordisk is looking for an energetic, motivated and well-rounded person to take up the role of Quality Assurance Specialist for Middle Africa. This person will drive Quality Assurance activities across Middle Africa and ensure that the Quality Management System (QMS) is implemented in compliance with Novo Nordisk and local regulatory requirements.
Novo Nordisk Middle Africa business unit
Novo Nordisk Middle Africa business unit consists of 49 countries and was formed in early 2012. Novo Nordisk has a well-established presence in Africa with the best quality human insulin and our focus today is to sustain the growth of the market, ensure access to better quality modern insulin and newer product formulations and support people living with diabetes. The Middle Africa management team is based in Nairobi, Kenya and the business is split into 4 regions: Nigeria, French West Africa, Eastern Africa and Southern Africa, each headed by a Regional Manager. The Quality Assurance Specialist will be based out of Nairobi, Kenya.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that products and business processes meet Novo Nordisk and local quality standards.
- Ensuring that the Novo Nordisk Quality System as well as local regulations are implemented across Middle Africa and maintained according to corporate guidelines.
- Ensuring reporting of product safety information and Customer Complaints from across the region within the specified timelines.
- Ensuring that follow-up information is collected, compiled and reported to Novo Nordisk and the local health authorities within the timelines as applicable.
- Assisting in conducting audits at distributors’ warehouses and self-inspections, following up on audit findings to ensure completion of corrective actions.
- Acting in line with ethical standards, company procedures and Novo Nordisk Way.
To qualify for the position you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry or Microbiology.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, international experience is an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance role.
- Knowledge of local health authority legislations across sub-Saharan African countries is desirable.
- Ability to innovate in a changing environment as the position requires very fast adaptation to changes and innovations in the industry.
- Problem solving skills, be analytical and capable of working in a culture of respect, teamwork and personal responsibility.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
At Novo Nordisk, we use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes. We offer the chance to be part of a truly global work place, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.
If you are interested in applying for the position please apply through the Novo Nordisk Career site.
04 August 2019
Millions rely on us
To work for Novo Nordisk you will need the skills, dedication and ambition to change lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronical diseases. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.