Program Innovations Manager Job at Village Enterprise NGO
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development/Social Entrepreneurship
Function: Manage innovations around the Village Enterprise program, manage innovations team members, formalize innovations at Village Enterprise
Job Location: Kenya with frequent trips to Uganda & Other Regions
Contract: Full Time, 2 years with opportunity to extend
Reports to: Kenya Country Director
About the Job
Village Enterprise seeks a dynamic and passionate individual manage innovations work at Village Enterprise including evaluation of current program, prioritizing research for improvements aligned with overall vision of VE programs, and implementation of program improvements and pilots of improvements to our program.
This position will integrate with other functional teams across Village Enterprise to ensure our program is reaching maximum impact and efficiency. The individual will lead a team of associates who will prioritize the research and design of program improvements with consultation from implementation teams.
Responsibilities for the Program Innovations Manager Job
Innovations Team Management: (70%)
- Build, lead, and manage a dynamic team committed to ending extreme poverty
- Manage work plans and projects for Innovations Team Members
- Lead Innovations Team Meetings, setting agendas, action items and reporting needs
- Manage Program Associates and Enumerators as needed for specific projects
- Help design and manage work schedules for Program Associates pilot specific enumerator work
- In coordination with Senior Management Team, design and implement overall Innovations Strategy for Village Enterprise
- Coordinate with Senior Management & Innovation team members to identify high-priority projects. Train
- Field Coordinators and Business Mentors in new concepts, as needed
- Graduation Approach/Innovations Research
- Lead research of industry needs and opportunities to leverage the expertise of the Innovations Team
- Research other innovations that have worked for other organizations, for example on business selection, business planning and financial linkages
- Systems Development for innovations
- Improve upon and formalize systems for core program pilot design and implementation
- Document and improve current systems for pilot design and management including designing, researching, test, and deploy project management software
- Contribute to knowledge management of Village Enterprise by systematizing processes that allow the organization to learn from past pilots
- Manage pilot projects for the Village Enterprise program
- Develop systems to assess, plan, monitor and track pilots, new modules, and research
- Oversee and increase the quality and efficiency of the program and specialized interventions
- Develop and maintain system for tracking innovations, changes to the program and documentation (including items implemented and those that are deemed not successful)
- Create and manage reporting for pilots, including internal and external reporting
- Design and manage M&E Plans with input from M&E team for approval from Monitoring, Evaluation and
- Learning Director
- Work closely with Accelerator Director to manage pilots with external partners
- Innovation Summit Management: 10%
- Lead, Collaborate, and Assist with conducting the Annual Innovations Summit
- Lead summit support staff in organizing week-long event
- Manage all staff to organize topics and sessions for the summit
- Review presentations and other materials for use during summits and other Innovations Team related events as needed
- Help develop schedule, events and capacity building activities as needed
- Co-manage Summit implementation with Innovations Team Management
Reporting & Communication: 15%
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as needed and upon request.
- Identify tools, resources, and best practices to help improve the program.
- Manage and Review presentations and other materials for use during summits and other meetings.
- Manage relationships with partners to maintain clear communication, smooth operations and strong working relationships.
- Contribute to Village Enterprise as a thought-leader by serving as a Village Enterprise representative at meetings/conferences
- Provide management oversight and leadership, in cooperation with the COO, Country Directors, Assistant Country Directors and field staff, in Kenya and Uganda
- Monitor and Report on staff performance to ensure that they deliver a high quality program; provide annual reviews to Project Associates and Coordinator that include a written performance appraisal, and ensure that objectives identified in these reviews are achieved in a timely manner
- Participate and contribute to mid-management meeting
- Assist in general operations as needed
Qualifications for the Program Innovations Manager Job
- University degree or equivalent in development, program management, international development or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three years working in management of development programs for an international organization.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili a must.
How To Apply
Email cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the subject line: “Innovations Manager Application”. In your cover letter, please make sure to include where you found the job posting.
Note: Please do not contact Village Enterprise to enquire as to the status of your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.