JOB GROUP: KRA 6
REPORTING TO: CHIEF MANAGER RESEARCH AND CONSULTANCY
Overall purpose of the Job
Contribute to the delivery of KESRA’s strategy including promoting excellence in the contribution of Research.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Research Strategies to enhance revenue growth in line with KESRA Strategy and Business plan
- Coordinate and supervise research activities and projects
- Provide strategic and policy direction for the research unit
- Organize annual conferences whose output inform policy decisions in KRA and other tax, customs and fiscal policy institutions
- Professionally manage the African Customs and Tax Review which is an African level research journal managed by the School
- Coordinate researchers and expert panels to enhance quality paper development, review and publication
- Link the School with key global research centers for joint research processes and other research initiatives
- IT proficiency
- Communication skills
- Writing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Specialized technical skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to share and transfer knowledge to others and reuse shared knowledge.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and people skills, with a self driven attitude;
Requirements for Appointment
- Must possess Masters degree in relevant field
- Membership with a relevant professional body
- At least seven (7) years Research experience in a similar environment of which at least three (3) years will have been at management level
- Proven track record of managing a productive research unit with an output of at-least 50 research papers per year published in globally recognized peer reviewed journals
- Must be actively affiliated to an appropriate professional body
- Must demonstrate ability to attract research funds and consultancy assignments
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 14th August, 2019.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to [email protected]