MBA is one of the best masters courses in Tanzania.There are many universities which offer this program but very few offer the best training.As you know,most employers in Tanzania employ people whom they are sure will deliver,and these individuals obvious come from top universities abroad or within the country.
If you are planning to pursue MBA in Tanzania, here is a list of best universities to join
ESAMI Africa offers the best MBA in Tanzania.The structure of the program is as follows:
Venue: Arusha, Mwanza and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia; Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi; Harare, Zimbabwe; Windhoek and Oshakati, Namibia; Mbabane, Swaziland; Maputo, Mozambique and Mahe, Seychelles.
Learning Duration: 2 years
Fees: 7000 USD
Payment Details: The fees cover tuition and limited materials. It does not include text books among other exclusions.
The evening class MBA is offered in the ESAMI member countries. These venues are located in Arusha, Mwanza and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia; Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi; Harare, Zimbabwe; Windhoek and Oshakati, Namibia; Mbabane, Swaziland; Maputo, Mozambique and Mahe, Seychelles.
Total fee for the 2-year degree programme is US$7,000. Advance payments are made annually or per semester by arrangement. The fees cover tuition and limited materials. It does not include text books among other exclusions.
Candidates eligible for Masters programmes must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Internationally recognized full professional qualification. Candidates must have passed ALL qualifying examinations
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
- At least three years of work experience
The candidate must submit an application form with the following:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Certified copy of degree or professional certificate
- Certified copy of official transcript
- At least one letter of recommendation from a person who is in a position to judge the candidate’s ability
- A non-refundable processing fee of US $30
All documents accompanying the application must be in English
1 GM 601 General Management and Organizational Behavior
2 FA 601 Financial Accounting
3 MA 601 Management Accounting
4 EM 601 Environmental Management for Business
5 MM 601 Marketing in the Global Context
6 CS 601 Global Corporate Strategy
7 RM 601 Research Methods for Business Development and Management
8 CG 601 Corporate Governance
9 FM 601 Finance in International Markets
10 HR 601 Human Resources Management
11 SC 601 Global Supply Chain Management
12 ME 601 Managerial Economics
13 BV 601 Innovation and New Business Venture
14 CF 601 Corporate Finance
15 BL 601 Business and Company Law
16 PA 601 Policy Formulation and Analysis
17 GE 601 Gender in Management
18 LC 601 Leading Change and Restructuring
19 RM 602 Master Thesis
UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM
University of Dar Es Salaam is the best university in Tanzania.The institution offers MBA program, which is offered during evening hourse, weekend and day time. The course takes exactly two years,that is class work and thesis/project.
The MBA is a propramme designed with the needs of the business world and students in mind. The business world requires enterprising men and women who can take stock of the changing competitive business environment and make critical desicions concerning effective and efficient strategy formulation and implementation.
The MBA programme is open to people with a variety of backgrounds, which include management, engineering, architecture, natural science, development studies, and general social studies.
The Full-time MBA programme is offered during normal working hours and students registered in the programme are expected to reside in Dar es Salaam so as to make effective use of the facilities. These include the mini library at the School, internet-connected computers in the labs, reading facilities and so on. In the mean time, the School is expanding its physical facilities to provide more study are as for students.
TANZANIA BUSINESS SCHOOL
Tanzania Business School specializes in training business related programs. The school offers the best training in MBA,whose quality can be compared to that of University of Dar Es Salaam.
Entry requirements include:
- The applicant:
- holds (an equivalent of) a Bachelor’s degree or higher,
- is a manager or management trainee,
- has a minimum of 2 years appropriate and relevant post graduate work experience,
- has approval from his/her organisation to do research and execute practical assignments within their work environment,
- has internet and e-mail access and
- should the applicant’s mother tongue not be English he/she will require a TOEFL or IELTS language test. The minimum pass mark for TOEFL is 550 (paper); 213 (computer) or 79/80 (internet based) and IELTS 6.0.
- Additional to 1a: Mature and experienced applicants, who do not hold such a degree, may also be considered. The guideline here is a minimum of 7 years demonstrable, appropriate and relevant postgraduate work experience.
- Additional to 1b: Applicants who are not in a formal management position but to whose professional development the learning programme will significantly contribute, may also be considered. This would apply to professionals who operate at post graduate level but are not necessarily (continuously) involved in management of people or a department for example; policy officers, accountants, consultants etc.
- Based on a thorough verification of submitted documents in respect to the above and, if deemed necessary, a personal interview, BSN will determine the applicant’s aptitude to participate in an Action Learning MBA
OPEN UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA
Open University of Tanzania should also be on your list.The university produces the best business graduates, who quicky get absorbed into the job market.