Dubai universities offer undergraduate course in Petroleum Engineering. The program has the following admission requirements to various universities within the country.
UNIVERSITY OF WOLLONGONG IN DUBAI PETROLEUM ENGINEERING ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
The minimum academic entry requirements and admission criteria for UOWD depend upon the type of high school studies program you have followed. The minimum requirements based on the most common high school systems are outlined below:
|Country||Qualification||Direct Entry||Probation Entry*|
|Australia||Australian Tertiary Admission Rank||75||65|
|Bahrain||Tawjihiya (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)||70%||60%|
|Bangladesh||Higher Secondary Certificate||60% or GPA 3.5/5.0||50% or GPA 3.0/5.0|
|Canada||Canadian High School Diploma||Average “C”(GPA 2.5/4.0)||Average of
“C-” (GPA 2.3/4.0)
|Egypt||General Secondary Education School Certificate- GSEC||70%||60%|
|India||All India Senior Secondary Certificate (CBSE)||55%||50%|
|India||State Board Examinations||65%||60%|
|India||Indian School Certificate awarded by ICSE||55%||50%|
|Iran||Pre University Diploma Certificate and Diploma||13||12|
|Iraq||Sixth Form Baccalaureat||70%||60%|
|Kenya||Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)||Grade “C+”||Grade “C”|
|Nigeria||Senior School Certificate Examination WAECO/NECO||Minimum 3 “B” and 4 “C”||Minimum of 7 subjects with no more than 1 “Pass”|
|Kuwait||Kuwaiti Shahadat Al-Thanawiya Al A’ama (General Secondary School Certificate)||70%||60%|
|Oman||Omani High School Certificate||70%||60%|
|Pakistan||Pakistani Intermediate Certificate or Higher Secondary School Certificate||50%||40%|
|Qatar||Secondary School Certificate||70%||60%|
|CIS Countries||Attestat o Srednem Obrazovanii (Certificate of Secondary Education after yr11)||Average 3.5/5||Average 3/5|
|Saudi Arabia||Saudi Secondary School Leaving Certificate||70%||60%|
|Sri Lanka||Ordinary (O) Levels, AS Levels and/or A Levels-with at least 7 GCE/GCSE/IGCSE subjects||Minimum three B grades and four C grades||Minimum of seven subjects with at least six “C” grades|
|Syria||Baccalaureat /Al Shahada Al Thanawiya (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)||65%||55%|
|UAE**||Shahadat Al-Thanawiya Al-Amma (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)||70%||60%|
|UAE**||Post Secondary Diploma||GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0||GPA of 2.30 out of 4.0|
|UK||Combination of 7 subjects of: Ordinary (O) Levels/ GCE/GCSE/IGCSE,
AS Levels or and/or
|Minimum three B grades and four C grades||Combination of seven subjects at a minimum of grade C in O Levels/GCE/GCSE/IGCSE, a minimum of grade D in AS Levels and a minimum of grade E in A Levels|
|USA||American High School Diploma||Overall average of grade C (70% or 2.5/4.0)||Overall average of “C-” (60% or GPA 2.3/4.0)|
|Worldwide||International Baccalaureate Diploma||26 Points||24 Points|
|Worldwide||International Baccalaureate Certificate||27 Points||25 Points|
- GCE A/AS/O-Level: Students must complete a minimum 11 years of schooling and a School Leaving Certificate must be provided.
- Students with a post-secondary Diploma need to obtain a GPA of 2.5 or higher with a grade of ‘C’ in English, Mathematics and Computers plus 60% in their High School Diploma.
- Students with qualifications other than those listed above are advised to contact the Student Recruitment and Admissions department at UOWD to determine their eligibility.
* Students admitted on probation may enrol in and complete a maximum of three subjects in the first semester. To continue their enrolment at UOWD, a semester average score of 50% must be achieved in these subjects, with no fail grades.
** In line with the Federal law no. 6 of 2014, all Emirati male students graduating from high school in 2013-14 and seeking admission to the University of Wollongong in Dubai must show evidence of completing registration for the compulsory national service. This documentation is issued by the National and Reserve Service Authority which can be contacted at www.uaensr.ae. Successful applicants will be granted a conditional offer until confirmation has been received from the National and Reserve Service Authority that students have been exempted. An updated offer will then be issued.
Credit for Prior Learning
In some cases you may be credited with advanced standing (status/exemptions) on the basis of work you have already completed at another recognised post-secondary institution. If you are seeking advanced standing status, you will need to submit an official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and the grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) for the courses you have successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system.
English Language Requirements
All instruction at UOWD is carried out in English and you will need to demonstrate an adequate level of English language proficiency in order to enrol on a program at the University. As an undergraduate applicant, you will be required to submit one of the following certificates of proficiency:
|English Language Test||Entry Score*|
|Computer based TOEFL||173|
|International paper based TOEFL**||500|
|Pearson PTE Academic||Overall: 42|
|Cambridge English Advanced||Overall: 41|
* Students admitted with an English Language Test score equivalent to IELTS (Academic) 5.0 – 5.5 overall at the time of admission, are required to complete GED010 Academic Study Skills 1 (12 CP) in their first semester, in addition to a maximum of three additional subjects.Students admitted with an English Language Test score equivalent to or higher than IELTS (Academic) 6.0 overall, with at least 5.5 in Reading and Writing at the time of admission are exempt from GED010 Academic Study Skills 1 (12 CP).
**Students admitted under this criterion must complete the test at UOWD.
UOWD English Test
If you do not have the required evidence of English language proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL) you may take the Accuplacer English Test to establish your language level. The test is conducted on a regular basis and you can register for the test at the same time as you lodge your university application for admission to UOWD.
English language programs for University studies and IELTS preparation are available at the University’s Language Studies Centre.
Challenge Tests can be taken in the first semester of study to allow eligible students to gain exemption from certain foundation level subjects.
Challenge Tests are available for:
• MATH060 (only for BBA and BCOM Students)
• MATH070 (only for BCS and MIS Students)
• PHYS030 (BCS/MIS/BBA and BCOM Students)
• ENVI030 (BCS/MIS/BBA and BCOM Students)
The tests will be held in the first week of your joining semester and a mark of 60% or above will entitle you to an exception from that subject.
In order to be eligible to sit for the Challenge Tests, you should have the following qualifications:
|Subject||Educational Board||Grade Needed|
|MATH070||CBSE||Above 75% in Math|
|A Levels||A or B in Math|
|Iranian Board||17 and above in Math|
|UAE Education Board||85% and above in Math|
|MATH060||CBSE||75% and above in Math or Accounting|
|A Levels||A or B in Math or Accounting|
|Iranian Board||17 and above in Math or Accounting|
|UAE Education Board||85% and above in Math or Accounting|
|ENVI030||CBSE||75% and above in Sciences|
|A Levels||A or B in Sciences|
|Iranian Board||17 and above in Sciences|
|UAE Education Board||85% and above in Sciences|
|PHYS030||CBSE||75% and above in Physics|
|A Levels||A or B overall in Physics|
|Iranian Board||17 and above in Physics|
|UAE Education Board||85% and above in Physics|
|Other Schools systems will be approved by the Faculty Dean|
For further information about test dates, fees, registration and syllabuses, please download the Challenge Test FAQ Sheet.
Bachelor of Engineering Placement Tests
All Bachelor of Engineering students should complete two Engineering Placement Tests, one in Physics and one in Mathematics/Statistics. Passing a Placement Tests means you will not be required to take the corresponding remedial subject.
A mark of 60% or above in the test will entitle the student to continue in year 1 subjects for Mathematics/statistics and Physics for the Bachelors of Engineering. Students who score lesser than 60% in the test would be required to enrol in remedial zero subject to further strengthen their foundations in these subjects.
HERIOT-WATT UNIVERSITY PETROLEUM ENGINEERING ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Honours Degree Entrants to the programme will have a good Honours degree (minimum 2:1 or equivalent) in engineering or a relevant science discipline such as physics, chemistry or mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree An Ordinary degree in a cognate or semi-cognate discipline plus 2 years of relevant post-qualification work experience.
- Higher National Diploma HND or equivalent qualification deemed suitable for entry to third year of a cognate Bachelor’s degree, plus four years’ relevant post-qualification work experience.
- Higher National Certificate HNC or equivalent qualification deemed suitable for entry to second year of a cognate Bachelor’s degree, plus 6 years’ relevant post-qualification work experience.
- Work experience Eight or more years’ relevant work experience at a suitable level.
- Candidates must demonstrate that through work experience they have built up the necessary academic background to successfully complete the programme. Admission is at the discretion of the programme director.
- For those already employed in the oil industry, it may be possible to study on a part-time basis, including via a distance learning version of the MSc PE degree. Please contact us for further information.
- Entrants to the programme will normally have a good Honours degree (minimum 2:1 or equivalent) in engineering or a relevant science discipline such as physics, chemistry or mathematics.
- In addition to academic qualifications, motivation, industrial experience and personality are taken into consideration.
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction during previous education, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5.
Basically UNIVERSITY OF WOLLONGONG and HERIOT-WATT UNIVERSITY are the main universities offering petroleum engineering course in Dubai. Entry requirements include excellent grades in mathematics and physics subjects, TOEFL exam and proficient in English language. If you are applying for an MSc in Petroleum Engineering you have to possess undergraduate qualification.
I want to enroll for Diploma in petrolleium
University here in Dubai how can I go about it and it takes to enroll into the university