There are several factors you need to understand about Britam money Market Fund. Money Market Fund is one way of earning passive income through long-term investments.
- What is the Britam Money Market Fund?
The Britam Money Market Fund is a type of unit trust that invests in high yielding, low risk investments such as fixed deposit accounts, treasury bills, commercial papers and bonds.
- Who can invest in a money market fund?
Anyone with an ID or Passport can invest in the Britam Money Market Fund.
- What is the minimum that I can invest?
You can invest with as little as KShs. 1000 and the minimum top up amount is also KShs. 1000.
- Are there any hidden costs?
There are no hidden costs. No penalties are incurred for withdrawal.
- What interest do I earn?
Interest is earned and compounded daily. Average interest rate is *8.5 – 10% p.a.
- Are there any lock-in periods for money invested?
There are no lock-in periods for any money saved in the Money Market Fund. You can access the funds within 48 business working hours and transfer the funds straight to M-Pesa.
- What happens to the interest I have earned if I choose to withdraw my money?
No interest is forfeited with the Britam Money Market Fund as interest is earned daily.
How to Get Started
- Dial *778# and select Money Market Fund.
- Enter your National ID or Passport No., KRA PIN, Residential Address and Occupation.
- Accept the Terms and conditions.
- A One Time Password (OTP) shall be sent you via SMS.
- Dial *778# and use the OTP to log in. Reset your PIN.
- Select Money Market Fund from the Menu.
- Select how you were introduced to Britam (e.g. Britam Financial Advisor and enter the intermediary’s Phone Number).
- Input the investment amount and M-Pesa PIN (Minimum initial investment KES 1,000).
- You shall receive confirmation message from Britam.
Unit Trusts Payment Details
You can top – up your investment through MPESA Pay bill numbers below:
FUND PAYBILL NO.
Britam Money Market Fund—500005
Britam Bond Plus Fund—500006
Britam Balanced Fund—500007
Britam Equity Fund—500008
Money Market Fund (Short Term)
Britam Money Market Fund Benefits
• It is a low risk investment that gives an investor high interest returns
• It provides capital preservation
• Interest is earned daily
• Ease of withdrawal of funds for investors