Regional Media Manager Jobs at Save the Children
Media Manager Job Responsibilities
- The Media Manager role is a key management position meant to ensure that quality and timely media are produced for news media organisations and other partners and to ensure visibility of Save the Children’s brand.
- The post holder is expected to demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter who will generate ideas and drive content forward, providing compelling case studies, images and video, as well as spotting strong news lines and writing engaging headlines.
- The Media Manager will act as a key focal point for all media requests from members. When necessary, this post-holder may act as a Save the Children Spokesperson.
Qualifications for the Media Manager Job
- At least five years experience as a journalist in a credible news organisation or equivalent experience as a Media & Communications Manager in an international humanitarian or development agency, and experience of dealing in the international media environment
- Significant experience of working overseas/regionally in humanitarian programmes
- University degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Experience of leading media activities in a challenging environment
- Fluent in at least English
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills producing materials for a wide range of different audiences including donors, journalists and the general public
- Experience of effective spokespersoning across a range of media
- Experience designing and implementing trainings in communications and media skills
- Excellent writing skills, and the ability to produce compelling media products such as press releases, key messages/speaking points and Q&As
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality photography and video materials
- Familiarity with digital production workflows, with knowledge of photography and video editing software
- The ability to digest complex information, quickly, and express this crisply and clearly
- Thorough understanding of the various political and cultural contexts surrounding of emergency responses and international development programming in East and Southern Africa
- Excellent relationship building skills in order to work for limited periods within programmes under pressure of running emergency responses
- An initiative-taking, proactive, inspiring attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly with limited support
- Experience of delivering training, presentations and other capacity building activities to varied audiences, ideally within a country programme.
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Microsoft Word, as well as Adobe Creative Suite software
- Excellent understanding of media and campaigning activities
- Strong influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus, and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
How to Apply
Apply here for the Media Manager Jobs