What are admission Requirements for MBA course in Tanzania?
MBA is the most popular masters program in Tanzania. Over 15 universities offer the program and have set minimum entry requirements for students planning to enroll for the course. We are going to provide details of entry requirements to universities in the country for local and foreign students.
UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM MBA ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The admission criteria for Full-time MBA are as follows:
- A first or second class honours degree of the University of Dar es Salaam or its equivalent from another approved University or higher learning institution.
- A pass degree with at least 5 years’ work experience after graduation plus post-graduation training of at least 6 months.
- An Advanced Diploma from a recognized higher learning institution with a minimum of upper second class plus a postgraduate diploma.
- A recognized professional qualification (CPA, CSP, ACCA, CMA, CPA, CIM, etc.).
From admission requirements above, it can be noted that the most basic requirements are, first degree and or a professional certificate.
THE OPEN UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA MBA ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Qualifications for a Master’s Degree
i. For admission to the Master’s Degree of the Open University of Tanzania a candidate shall either hold an honours degree of the Open University of Tanzania or a qualification from an approved institution of higher learning, deemed to be equivalent to an honours degree of the Open University of Tanzania.
ii. Candidates who hold unclassified degrees should have a credit or, a distinction in the subject of the intended Master’s Degree. Candidates with a Pass Degree will also be considered for admission if:-
• Their undergraduate performance in the proposed subject of study was a B grade average or above
• They have satisfied the relevant Faculty/Institute that they have exhibited academic potential through extensive field work, subsequent research experience and/or additional training.
iii. Candidates for Masters Degree by thesis should in addition to the above have extensive or rich experience in research in the area of study.
TANZANIA BUSINESS SCHOOL MBA ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- The applicant:
a. holds (an equivalent of) a Bachelor’s degree or higher,
b. is a manager or management trainee,
c. has a minimum of 2 years appropriate and relevant post graduate work experience,
d. has approval from his/her organisation to do research and execute practical assignments within their work environment,
e. has internet and e-mail access and
f. should the applicant’s mother tongue not be English he/she will require a TOEFL or IELTS language test. The minimum pass mark for TOEFL is 550 (paper); 213 (computer) or 79/80 (internet based) and IELTS 6.0.
- Additional to 1a: Mature and experienced applicants, who do not hold such a degree, may also be considered. The guideline here is a minimum of 7 years demonstrable, appropriate and relevant postgraduate work experience.
- Additional to 1b: Applicants who are not in a formal management position but to whose professional development the learning programme will significantly contribute, may also be considered. This would apply to professionals who operate at post graduate level but are not necessarily (continuously) involved in management of people or a department for example; policy officers, accountants, consultants etc.
- Based on a thorough verification of submitted documents in respect to the above and, if deemed necessary, a personal interview, BSN will determine the applicant’s aptitude to participate in an Action Learning MBA
THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD MBA ADMISSION REQIREMENTS FOR TANZANIA STUDENTS
The University of Sheffield Admits students from Tanzania for MBA program.
Entry requirements for students from Tanzania are:
All applicants are required to have an internationally recognised English language qualification such as IELTS. The minimum score that is accepted for entry, in line with UKBA regulations, is IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. Please note that some departments may require a higher score.
English language entry requirements – find out more
|Bachelor Degree||Holders of a good bachelor degree (generally an upper second class) from a recognised Tanzanian university will be considered for admission to postgraduate diploma or masters programmes.|
|MBA Applicants||As well as suitable qualifications (as per the information above) at least 3-5 years’ post-graduation work experience will be necessary for direct admission to Sheffield’s triple accredited MBA.
Applicants with the equivalent of a lower class second degree and considerable work experience may be considered.