Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: Two years
Location: Nakuru Town, Nakuru County, Kenya
Closing date: 26 May 2017
Interview date: 12 June 2017
Christian Aid is a UK-based international humanitarian and development non-governmental organisations. It is currently working in more than 50 countries, and has been working in Kenya since 1997.
The Kenya Country Programme presently focuses on community health, inclusive markets and climate change resilience delivery interventions that influence shifts in power relations in favour of poor and marginalised communities and groups as a means to ending poverty cycles.
Driver Job Responsibilities
- To provide in-country driving support to the country programme in liaison with other colleagues in the Finance & Operations functions.
- Driving staff, visitors and goods to required destinations in a timely and safe manner,
- Ensuring vehicles and associated equipment safety and maintenance,
- Security management for the teams while in the field.
- Fleet management and supporting with administrative responsibilities while in the office.
- Travel plan management for all staff and visitors and driving staff, visitors, goods or service providers on strategic trips, to high risk contexts or on long distances.
- Fleet management ensuring that all vehicles are well maintained, insured, sufficiently fuelled, clean and stocked with safety equipment.
- Ensure that staff assigned any vehicle hand them back in good condition, with vehicle logs filled appropriately filled and a checklist of car condition and safety equipment done.
- Ensure vehicles logs, maintenance logs are appropriately kept within agreed frameworks.
- Ensure efficient use of vehicles, avoiding single person journeys and unnecessary movements through careful planning and facilitation of effective communication amongst staff needing transport support services.
- Positive communication and successful negotiation (in line with Christian Aid’s policies and procedures) with officials and security or police forces, particularly at check points and border crossings.
- Communication devices properly used and maintained.
- All paperwork for vehicle, deliveries or other documentation correctly completed and recorded.
How to Apply