International School of Kenya Fees Structure comprises of application fees and tuition fees, The lowest fees you can pay is Ksh 300,000 per year, the fees can be in excess of Ksh1.1 million per year.
The tables below summarize fees structure for International School of Kenya
All fees listed below are per student and in US Dollars.
|One-Time Capital Levy||
|Tuition Per Year||
|Grades 1 – 5||$26,086|
|Grades 6 – 8||$27,259|
|Grades 9 – 10||$28,798|
|Grades 11 – 12||$29,944|
|Annual Capital Levy||$ 1,300||
|1||Application Fee||US$ 400|| Applies only to new applicants.|
| Non-refundable and payable in full upon submission of|
|the completed application form.|
|2||One Time Capital Levy||US$ 9,750||||To cover Capital expenses.|
|||Payable at the time of enrolment.|
Non-refundable and payable by all new entrants joining
Kindergarten to Grade 12.
A reduction of US$500 is given for every additional
student enrolled from the same family.
Postponed for Pre-K until students join Kindergarten.
No discount is available on capital levy for early payment.
- Tuition Fee
|Grades 1||– 5||US$ 26,086|
|Grades 6||– 8||US$ 27,259|
|Grades 9||– 10||US$ 28,798|
|Grades 11- 12||US$ 29,944|
|4||Annual Capital Levy||US$ 1,300|
- To cover Operational and Educational expenses.
- Fee per year, payable by semester.
- Fees are not prorated according to the enrolment date.
- 1% discount for full year’s tuition fee paid before July 2, 2018.
- To contribute to facility upgrade and development.
- For students who use school transportation.
- Reduction of US$200 for every additional sibling.
- From the fourth sibling onwards, the bus fee will remain at US$1,600.
- Tuition Payment
|March 30, 2018||§||US$ 1,000 Tuition Deposit to reserve space for 2018 -19.|
|July 2, 2018||§||Full tuition fee payment by this date entitles you to 1% discount.|
|August 8, 2018||§||First semester fees due.|
|January 14, 2019||§||Second semester fees due.|
Fees are payable by cheque or bank transfer as follows:
|Full Tuition||For students joining|
|Paid by July 2||For parents paying by semester||Semester II|
|Tuition fees after||Semester I||Semester II||Semester II only|
|1% discount||August 8||January 14|
|Pre Kindergarten||US$ 15,462||US$ 9,371||US$ 6,247||US$ 7,809|
|Kindergarten||US$ 24,477||US$ 14,834||US$ 9,890||US$ 12,362|
|Grades 1 – 5||US$ 25,825||US$ 15,652||US$ 10,434||US$ 13,043|
|Grades 6 – 8||US$ 26,986||US$ 16,355||US$ 10,904||US$ 13,630|
|Grades 9 – 10||US$ 28,510||US$ 17,279||US$ 11,519||US$ 14,399|
|Grades 11 – 12||US$ 29,645||US$ 17,966||US$11,978||US$ 14,972|
Overseas Bank details
International School of Kenya Foundation Inc
3470 Quakerbridge Road,
Mercerville, NJ 08619 USA
Bank ABA No.
NRTHUS33 (for International wire)
031201360 (for domestic transfer ACH)
Wire Routing/ABA Number:
031101266 (For international wires)
- Payment Plan
- The Business Manager may negotiate and authorize payment plans in US Dollars with a surcharge of 0.5% per month, (or in Kenya Shillings at 1% per month).
- Fee Defaulters
- A penalty of 2% per month will be applied to the outstanding balance of any family who does not make payment at the beginning of the semester, or who fails to meet a payment deadline within their payment plan. Please note that failure to make payment within 30 days of a payment deadline may also result in the withdrawal of the student.
- Tuition fees, once paid, are non-refundable except when paid for a full year and a student is withdrawn prior to commencement of the semester. Attendance for any portion of a semester will preclude a refund of tuition fees.
- Application fees and Capital levies are non-refundable.
- Payment Currency
- US dollars.
- Kenyan citizens may pay in Kenya Shillings (evidence of citizenship is required).
VII. Special Fees
- Students taking International Baccalaureate (IB) courses are responsible for all registration and examination fees, related DHL costs, and a Kenya National Examination Council fee. Costs range from $350 for a student taking one IB examination to as much as $1,200 for a full IB diploma student in their senior year. Upon completion of the registration process in September, fees for each individual student are communicated by the IB Organization to ISK. Parents are billed in October. Payment is due to ISK in November. There are additional charges for late registrations or any changes made after the final registration deadline. Please contact ISK’s IB Coordinator for further information.
Supplementary Language Instructional Fee
- ISK offers a range of language courses within the regular curriculum at no additional charge. Periodically additional native languages are offered to one or two students through the support of various national communities. The cost of instruction in these additional languages is not covered as part of ISK tuition and is payable by the parents to the respective language committee.
Selected Inter-Cultural Trips
- For those Inter-Cultural trips where students fly to the destination, the parent is expected to pay US$125 per child towards the cost of the airfare.